    have a lot less saturation.

    I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm. Any
    ideas that may help me?
    Matalog, Aug 5, 2007

  2. Matalog

    Gino Guest

    Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?

    Gino, Aug 5, 2007

  3. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    "Gino" <> wrote in message
    > Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?

    In photoshop I am, yes.

    Matalog, Aug 5, 2007
  4. Matalog

    Gino Guest

    It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
    colour space.

    I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB instead.
    I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are supplying
    photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages. For a home
    user, stick to sRGB colour space.

    Gino, Aug 5, 2007
  5. Matalog

    Roy G Guest

    "Gino" <> wrote in message
    > It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
    > colour space.
    >
    > I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB
    > instead. I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are
    > supplying photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages.
    > For a home user, stick to sRGB colour space.

    Hi.

    It is not a "sounds like", it is a fact.

    IE and the Windows image viewers are not Colour Management aware, so in
    order to get accurate colour the files need to be sRGB.

    However Adobe RGB is better for home Inkject Printing than sRGB is. Most
    photo labs want the files as sRGB, except for the Pro Labs.

    There is no reason why anyone should not be able to convert the copy of the
    image they intend for Web use, to sRGB just before posting it, and keep all
    their Print use images as A RGB.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Aug 5, 2007
  6. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message

    > "Gino" <> wrote in message
    >> It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe
    >> RGB colour space.
    >>
    >> I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB
    >> instead. I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are
    >> supplying photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages.
    >> For a home user, stick to sRGB colour space.
    >>

    > Hi.
    >
    > It is not a "sounds like", it is a fact.
    >
    > IE and the Windows image viewers are not Colour Management aware, so in
    > order to get accurate colour the files need to be sRGB.
    >
    > However Adobe RGB is better for home Inkject Printing than sRGB is. Most
    > photo labs want the files as sRGB, except for the Pro Labs.
    >
    > There is no reason why anyone should not be able to convert the copy of
    > the image they intend for Web use, to sRGB just before posting it, and
    > keep all their Print use images as A RGB.
    >
    > Roy G

    Thanks for the help!
    Matalog, Aug 6, 2007