    I have to keep large archives, I ‘m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
    What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?

    ThanK You.
    sam, Jan 9, 2005

  2. sam

    Interfecus Guest

    On 9 Jan 2005 10:02:58 -0800, sam <> wrote:

    > I have to keep large archives, I ‘m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
    > What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?
    >
    > ThanK You.

    If you're preoccupied with detierioration over time and have to store a
    lot, wouldn't properly stored DVDs be better than magnetic media?
    Interfecus, Jan 9, 2005

  3. sam

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:05:48 +1300, Interfecus <>
    wrote:

    >On 9 Jan 2005 10:02:58 -0800, sam <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have to keep large archives, I ‘m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
    >> What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?
    >>
    >> ThanK You.

    >If you're preoccupied with detierioration over time and have to store a
    >lot, wouldn't properly stored DVDs be better than magnetic media?

    Problem is nobody knows how they will fare over time.

    Long term storage is a problem.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com