    defrag goes cracy defragging the drive. Why the different results
    (extreme)?Thanks
    , May 9, 2005

  2. nos1eep Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone tell me why Diskeeper defrag utility gives completely
    > different results than Windows defrag (98)? That is, if I defrag using
    > the Windows utility, the Diskeeper tells me upon analysis that my hard
    > drive is badly defragged! Likewise, if I use Diskeeper, then Windows
    > defrag goes cracy defragging the drive. Why the different results
    > (extreme)?Thanks

    Defragging programs use differing methods to accomplish their task, using
    more than one defrag utility is an exercise in futility.
    nos1eep, May 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Understood.....however why the different respective defrag results
    conflict?
    , May 9, 2005
  4. <> wrote in message
    > Understood.....however why the different respective defrag results
    > conflict?

    hi
    some defrags do it by how often the programs are used...ie...the most used
    parts of your most used programs u use on your comp are placed at the
    begining of your drive...
    other ones put your programs in order by the date they were installed etc
    etc etc bla bla bla
    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 9, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ok, thanks! Now that I think about it, I believe Windows did order
    programs and files in the reference of use. Great! Thanks! I like to
    experiment with programs, and seem to keep coming to the conclusion
    that good old fashioned Windows programs are the best, and there's not
    much need for other programs, depending of course on the person's
    computer, operating system, etc.. This defrag issue is one I could not
    tell much difference between the two utilities as far as
    performance...and your answer explains that too. Many thanks!
    , May 9, 2005
  6. <> wrote in message
    > Ok, thanks! Now that I think about it, I believe Windows did order
    > programs and files in the reference of use. Great! Thanks! I like to
    > experiment with programs, and seem to keep coming to the conclusion
    > that good old fashioned Windows programs are the best, and there's not
    > much need for other programs, depending of course on the person's
    > computer, operating system, etc.. This defrag issue is one I could not
    > tell much difference between the two utilities as far as
    > performance...and your answer explains that too. Many thanks!

    you are welcome m8 ;-)
    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 9, 2005
  7. petrolhead Guest

    >> Ok, thanks! Now that I think about it, I believe Windows did order
    >> programs and files in the reference of use. Great! Thanks! I like to
    >> experiment with programs, and seem to keep coming to the conclusion
    >> that good old fashioned Windows programs are the best, and there's not
    >> much need for other programs, depending of course on the person's
    >> computer, operating system, etc.. This defrag issue is one I could not
    >> tell much difference between the two utilities as far as
    >> performance...and your answer explains that too. Many thanks!

    Not much difference ? Diskeeper Lite defrags in minutes and not hours
    and there's no need to close down other programs while defragging - in
    fact I usually play a hand or two of FreecellPro while Diskeeper does
    its stuff.

    petrolhead, May 12, 2005