    Anyway thanks for any help and suggestions with the different ATI
    makers.

    John
    John, Oct 5, 2003

  2. John

    Strontium Guest

    My personal experience leads me to avoid any PowerColor product. Your
    mileage may vary.

    -
    John stood up at show-n-tell, in ,

    --
    Strontium

    "If you get tired, of satellite flyers. And, fame, has let you down.
    Under the wire. And, over the Moon, I'm around... When you gonna grow
    up?" - Angie Aparo
    Strontium, Oct 6, 2003

  3. FWIW, I just ordered a Sapphire 9800 pro from NewEgg.

    Haven't received it yet but I've generally heard good things about it.

    Manoj K Bhupatrai, Oct 6, 2003
  4. John

    Sleepy Ben Guest

    overclockers sell connect and sapphire - I got my sapphire from them and its
    a good card. the only make I
    hear bad things about is powercolour and the general comments are they use
    poor components so the image quality isnt great.

    Sleepy Ben, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Maybe watch and wait for the Radeon 9600 AIW?

    Alan Shepherd, Oct 6, 2003
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:54:14 GMT, "Alan Shepherd"
    <> wrote:

    >Maybe watch and wait for the Radeon 9600 AIW?

    The reason I was going to get the 9700 AIW was because overclockers
    were selling it for £280, a lot cheaper than £370 for the 9800 AIW.

    The 9600 wont be available for a while, and even when it is, it's not
    as good as a 9700, because it only had the 4 pipelines. The 9600 is
    just the mid-range ATI card.

    I just wondered if anyone knew where to get the Sapphire 9700 AIW
    Beast, because the Overclockers site stopped selling, or whether the
    Connect3D one, or any other make of this ATI card for a similar price
    was as good as the Sapphire.

    Thanks

    John
    John, Oct 6, 2003
  7. John

    Pete Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:54:14 GMT, "Alan Shepherd"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Maybe watch and wait for the Radeon 9600 AIW?

    > The reason I was going to get the 9700 AIW was because overclockers
    > were selling it for £280, a lot cheaper than £370 for the 9800 AIW.
    >
    > The 9600 wont be available for a while, and even when it is, it's not
    > as good as a 9700, because it only had the 4 pipelines. The 9600 is
    > just the mid-range ATI card.
    >
    > I just wondered if anyone knew where to get the Sapphire 9700 AIW
    > Beast, because the Overclockers site stopped selling, or whether the
    > Connect3D one, or any other make of this ATI card for a similar price
    > was as good as the Sapphire.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    John try a search on www.pcindex.co.uk