    account??

    Thanks,
    Phil

    philip.martin6, Apr 15, 2005

  2. philip.martin6

    Brian Guest

    Click on TOOLS. Then click ACCOUNTS. MAke sure the NEWS tab is selected,
    highlight your newsserver. click PROPERTIES. Edit the address to your
    hotmail in the E-MAIL ADDRESS location.

    aloha

    Brian, Apr 15, 2005

  3. philip.martin6

    Mike Easter Guest

    philip.martin6 wrote:
    > Is there any way that i can post messages on news groups using my
    > hotmail account??

    You posted to this newsgroup with OE via ntl's newsserver with an ntl
    email address exposed in the From.

    If what you mean is, "Can I post messages like this without exposing my
    ntl email address in the From? and/but instead provide access to a
    valid hotmail email address?" -- then the answer is yes on both counts.

    IMO it is better to not have a good address in the From at all; because
    that is the most popular place for 'bots using XOVER to harvest to spam.
    So showing a good ntl address there is not generally recommended;
    altho' there are some who do not believe that anyone should do any
    mungeing.

    If you want to expose a hotmail address to make it very easy for some
    human who is reading your post to send an email to the hotmail address,
    then the best place to put that would be the Reply-To, in my opinion,
    because that doesn't get harvested in the XOVER, so it is just as good
    [or bad] as exposing an address in the body in the clear.

    You configure your ntl news account in OE by using Tools/ Accounts/ News
    tab - [select the ntl account] - Properties button/ General tab

    Then, this is about how to configure the two lines Email address [which
    goes in your From] and Reply address which ends up in a new Reply-To
    line.

    My opinion is that the From should be an invalid domain address munge,
    such as lid; and that your Reply-To can contain your
    valid .

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 15, 2005