    zxcvar Guest

    Greetings! What are differences between these three variety of memory
    stick cards? With thanks.
    zxcvar, Nov 27, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    andre Guest

    Re: Differences between Sony Memory Stick & memory Stick Pro vs MemoryStick Duo?

    zxcvar wrote:
    > Greetings! What are differences between these three variety of memory
    > stick cards? With thanks.

    No difference. Avoid all of them ;-)
    I just don't like Sony very much since they push their proprietary stuff
    (Memory Stick, ATRAC ...)
    So far I have always been able to get cheaper CF cards, since there is
    more competition.

    Andre

    --
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.aguntherphotography.com
    andre, Nov 28, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    Chip Gallo Guest

    zxcvar wrote:
    > Greetings! What are differences between these three variety of memory
    > stick cards? With thanks.

    Original memory stick only went up to 128MB. Memory Stick Duo was two
    banks of 128MB and you had to pull it out and flip it to use the second
    side. Memory Stick Pro is faster, has 256MB, 512MB and 1GB sizes and
    requires that the device support it. Sony's DSC-F717 and later cameras
    do. The Duo worked in original MS devices.

    I am selling a complete F717 kit w/128, 256 and 512MB sticks if anyone
    is interested.

    Chip Gallo
    www.chipster.biz
    Chip Gallo, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Re: Differences between Sony Memory Stick & memory Stick Pro vs MemoryStick Duo?

    zxcvar wrote:
    > Greetings! What are differences between these three variety of memory
    > stick cards? With thanks.

    There is also memory stick pro duo. Duo is just a smaller version of
    memory stick and all other capabilities remain the same.

    According to http://www.memorystick.com the strictly theoretical maximum
    transfer speed for all seems to be 160Mbps. For memory stick pro the
    *minimum* write speed is 15Mbps (DVD-quality video is 9Mbps) and the
    theoretical maximum capacity is apparently 32GB.

    According to http://www.sandisk.com/retail/ext-msp.asp, the minimum
    write speed for pro is 9Mbps, so take your pick.

    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/comput...rice_max=&a_1768=Memory Stick&a_1769=gte;2048
    shows a 2GB memory stick at GBP 200 and 4GB at GBP 721.

    --
    Joe

    http://joe.hotchkiss.com
    Joe Hotchkiss, Nov 28, 2004