difference bit ween it and ict

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?cmV6YQ==?=, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. what is the difference bit ween it and ict?
    =?Utf-8?B?cmV6YQ==?=, Jul 23, 2004

  2. reza wrote:
    > what is the difference bit ween it and ict?

    Quite simply, ween it (or more correctly spelled, wean it) means to slowly
    stop a habitual activity. Like to wean a child from breast-feeding in favor
    of a bottle or cup.

    ict is short for "I see tea" and it's the newest slogan for Arizona Tea.

    --
    Fris "I like the Peach flavored the best" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics
    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=, Jul 23, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmV6YQ==?=

    anonymous Guest

    The letter C

    anonymous, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Hi reza,

    Please allow me to clarify your question. Are you asking the difference between IT and ICT? If this is the case please read on.

    IT stands for Information Technology while ICT stands for Information and Communication Technology.

    The definitions for IT:
    Short for Information Technology, and pronounced as separate letters, the broad subject concerned with all aspects of managing and processing information, especially within a large organization or company. Because computers are central to information management, computer departments within companies and universities are often called IT departments. Some companies refer to this department as IS (Information Services) or MIS (Management Information Services).

    The definitions for ICT:
    The study of the technology used to handle information and aid communication. The phrase was coined by [?] Stevenson in his 1997 report to the UK government and promoted by the new National Curriculum documents for the UK in 2000.

    In short, they are very much similar to each other. The main difference is IT is more widely used in our industry while ICT is more of an academic or educational terminology.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jul 24, 2004