    Drew Cutter Guest

    The prices are very close. What the main difference ?

    Minolta Dimage A1 5MP vs Minolta Dimage 7 5MP Digital Camera
    Drew Cutter, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Drew Cutter

    jerry Guest

    The Dimage 7 is a much older camera.After the 7 came the 7i then the 7Hi and
    now the A1.The A1 features a number of significant changes the most
    noteworthy probably being the anti-shake feature which works very well.
    Jerry
    jerry, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Drew Cutter

    GAH Guest

    It depends on what store you're dealing with at to whether the prices are
    "very close" or not. Some are close, while others have dropped the "7"
    quite a bit.

    As another poster said, the 7 is much older. If the store you wish to buy
    from is offering the A1 at around the same price or slightly more, you want
    to go with the A1 as it is much newer technology and a superior camera over
    the 7.

    Greg

    GAH, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Drew Cutter

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Definitely go with the A1. The antishake feature is definitely worth the
    difference. It will let you take hand held pictures 2 stops lower in difficult
    light conditions.
    Check the review sites like www.steves-digicams.com or www.dpreview.com for
    more detail and comparison.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Drew Cutter

    Drew Cutter Guest

    I read the review . Sound like a descent learning curve. Glad to see it
    has a vitural keyboard (something I was looking for in a camera). I
    needed a way to put a name with a picture. I wish there was a way to add
    a 300 mm lens to the camera or larger. Great review.
    Drew Cutter, Dec 26, 2003