    Can anyone tell me how they differ, if at all?

    regards

    PeterH
    My View, Oct 23, 2005

  2. My View

    Monty Bonner Guest

    "My View" <no spam > wrote in message
    news:tyK6f.25722$...
    >I want to buy a second 1Gb Sandisk Ultra II compact flash card for my 300D.
    >
    > I have found 2 such Sandisk cards, one model is called SDCFH-1024R and the
    > other is SDCFH-1024-901.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how they differ, if at all?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > PeterH

    Hello,

    Try www.newegg.com as they have great pricing, great service and you can get
    pretty good technical help from their site. You can also check Scandisk web
    site, put in the product numbers and then check the specifications
    difference.

    However, I say all that with a "grain of salt", because it really depends on
    the specifications for the camera. My Nikon 70s read speed is I think
    6MB/sec, so any faster card is a waste. My problem was, it was difficult to
    find a card that was slower than 9-10MB/sec. So I settled for the faster
    card, even though I loose some performance from the cards ability to go
    faster than my camera.

    Next issue is the connection to the computer, i.e., cable from camera,
    dedicated card reader plugged into a USB port on the computer, or through a
    printer, which has reader (most new photo printers have that feature). I
    find it extremely slow using the card reader on the printer, have not tried
    it with the cable plugged into the computer as I have a small workspace, and
    it's easier to just eject the card and place in the printer (camera and
    printer are in the OFF position when ejecting and inserting cards). So I go
    fix a cup of coffee or something and then come back to access the pictures
    on the card.

    Hope this information has helped.

    Monty
    Monty Bonner, Oct 23, 2005

  3. My View

    Bill Guest

    "My View" <no spam > wrote:

    >I want to buy a second 1Gb Sandisk Ultra II compact flash card for my 300D.
    >
    >I have found 2 such Sandisk cards, one model is called SDCFH-1024R and the
    >other is SDCFH-1024-901.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how they differ, if at all?

    The 901 version is the slightly slower double-cell design. The memory
    circuits are designed using a cheaper memory cell format, which helps to
    reduce prices but at the cost of performance.

    However, the performance difference is only about 10%, which is
    negligible for most cameras. The only time you would notice the
    difference is when downloading from a high speed card reader where it
    might take an extra minute for dozens of photos.

    As long as the write speed is faster than the camera, you won't notice a
    difference when shooting. You MIGHT notice it when downloading lots of
    photos through a card reader.
    Bill, Oct 23, 2005
  4. My View

    kctan Guest

    Ask the sale person but I reckon must be the diff in writing and reading
    speed after all these are always the main selling points.

    kctan, Nov 3, 2005
  5. My View

    Guest

    My View wrote:

    > I have found 2 such Sandisk cards, one model is called SDCFH-1024R and the
    > other is SDCFH-1024-901.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how they differ, if at all?

    You tell us:

    www.google.com: SDCFH-1024R
    www.google.com: SDCFH-1024-901
    , Nov 3, 2005