difference between packets and frame in contest of networking

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rohit srivastava, Nov 1, 2004.

  1. plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
    am student mca india

    rohit srivastava, Nov 1, 2004

  2. On 01.11.2004 16:52 rohit srivastava wrote

    > plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
    > am student mca india

    the term "packet" is used for the protocol data unit on layer 3
    the term "frame" is used for the protocol data unit on layer 2

    aRNOLD
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45

    Arnold Nipper, Nov 1, 2004

  3. rohit srivastava

    g.t. knopf Guest

    Hello,

    .... difference between packets and frame in contest of networking
    > plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
    > am student mca india

    Are you looking for a comparison of "cell switching" and "frame switching"?

    - greg knopf

    g.t. knopf, Nov 4, 2004