Difference between H.264 and xVID

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ivan, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. ivan

    ivan Guest

    Some peopel want to know the tiny difference between H.264 and xVID,
    then i took some time to compare this two encode, i wish you can know
    more about them after finishing my report. You can get more info from
    here
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/
    Also you can discuss for more in this forum, there are more info about
    video and audio
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php

    Now, let's begin my report, below are the conversion static, you can
    look the tiny difference from the picture.

    XviD
    Encoding options
    Source: Finding Nemo DVD-R
    Encoder: Mencoder (GUI = D-Vision 3.1.1)
    Codec: xvid
    Pass: 2-pass
    Quality(D-Vision): Best
    Bitrate: 839 kbit/sec (102 min will fit 700 MB CD)
    Resolution: 740x400
    FPS: 29.97
    Runtime: 4:00 min
    Audio encoding options: Mp3 128 kbit/sec CBR Stereo
    Time to encode: 6 min

    x264
    Encoding options
    Source: Finding Nemo DVD-R
    Encoder: Mencoder (GUI = D-Vision 3.1.1)
    Codec: x264
    Pass: 2-pass
    Quality(D-Vision): Best
    Bitrate: 839 kbit/sec (102 min will fit 700 MB CD)
    Resolution: 740x400
    FPS: 29.97
    Runtime: 4:00 min
    Audio encoding options: Mp3 128 kbit/sec CBR Stereo
    Time to encode: 27 min

    Cause google groug can not post picture, then i post the pictures link
    here, you can know more tiny difference from the compare picture:

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-01.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-02.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-03.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-04.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-05.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-06.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-07.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-08.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-09.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-10.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-11.jpg

    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/images/report/H.264vsxVID-12.jpg

    Finish this report, did you know more about this two encode?
    If you want to know more about it , visit this website
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/
    I wish my report will help you, welcome to post on other forum.
    ivan, Apr 14, 2006