    Thanks,
    Dennis
    , Sep 26, 2007

  2. Dennis,

    HT486 has only FXS port, while HT488 has FXS and FXO ports.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    That means I should go for HT488, right?

    On 9 28 , 6 01 , "headsetadapter.com" <> wrote:
    > Dennis,
    >
    > HT486 has only FXS port, while HT488 has FXS and FXO ports.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Mike
    > CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    > CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    > ------
    > Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is between the two ATA
    > > models? It seems to me that both can allow access to PSTN and VoIP
    > > via a single DECT phone, as well as a router to PC.

    > > Moreover, what I want to do is that - when I am outside, I can call my
    > > PSTN home no and specify the call to be transferred to another no (say
    > > in another country) via VoIP. Can either HT486 or HT488, both serve
    > > the above purpose?

    > > If not, any other models can do this?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Dennis- -

    > - -
    , Oct 2, 2007
  4. Den,

    It depends on what you are going to do. If you just need a telephone line -
    get one FXS line ATA and use it. If you will use more complex scenario (for
    example, connect FXO port to your land line, and use route pattern to dial
    certain numbers through local line), then you will need FXS/FXO ATA.

    headsetadapter.com, Oct 4, 2007