  1. Noname

    Noname Guest

    What is the difference between Type 1 vs. type 2 compact flash cards

    Noname, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Noname

    Jeff Guest

    The thickness of the card. Type II will support Type I cards, but not the
    reverse. I typically buy Type I flash cards, but my devices support Type II
    giving me flexiblity if I ever have need for Type II. One is not better
    than the other. It is dependent upon the actual card features. A Type I
    can outperform a Type II and the reverse is also true.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Noname

    Petr Guest

    thickness

    Petr, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Noname

    orion Guest

    > thickness

    > > What is the difference between Type 1 vs. type 2 compact flash cards

    Which one fits a Canon EOS300D then? I must have missed that in the
    instruction book. I thought tthat speed was the only cosideration when
    buying Compact Flash...?

    orion, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Noname

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >>> What is the difference between Type 1 vs. type 2 compact flash cards

    >> thickness

    >From: "orion"
    >
    >Which one fits a Canon EOS300D then?

    BOTH of them fit the Canon dSLR's