    recomposing). Do I have to set the lens to manual focusing to achieve this?

    regards

    PeterH
    My View, Nov 12, 2004

  2. My View

    My View Guest

    Re: Difference between AEL and half depressing shutter button

    Please read as AEL not FEL

    "My View" <reply to > wrote in message
    > I have a Canon 300D.
    >
    > What is the difference between (a) hitting the "*" splat button and then
    > recomposing within the 16 seconds and then taking the shot and

    (b)depressing

    My View, Nov 12, 2004

  3. My View

    mrrogers Guest

    The AE Lock and FE Lock features are probably the most confusing and poorly
    explained features found on the 300D.

    Here's a link with the answer to your question:

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1031&message=11045644

    mrrogers, Nov 13, 2004