    Any further input would be great

    --
    Thanks

    Dwrcoz24, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Dwrcoz24

    Steve Wicker Guest

    The User State Migration tool (USMT) includes the same functionality as the
    Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, but also permits administrators to fully
    customize specific settings such as unique modifications to the registry.

    The User State Migration tool is designed for administrators only;
    individual users do not have to use the User State Migration tool. The User
    State Migration tool requires a client computer that is connected to a
    Microsoft Windows server-based domain controller.

    Steve Wicker, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Dwrcoz24

    Dwrcoz24 Guest

    Thats great.
    Thanks for the help
    --
    Thanks

    Dwrcoz24, Jan 19, 2006
  4. USMT does not require a connection to a DC or Active Directory for that
    matter. You can use it on a workgroup computer if you want to move multiple
    accounts at once.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 23, 2006
  5. Dwrcoz24

    Steve Wicker Guest

    You need to keep in mind a few rules related to USMT functionality and its
    correct usage. USMT is intended to support only migration of domain user
    based profiles, not migration of workgroup-based profiles.

    Whether you can or not, I don't know, but Microsoft Technet says the client
    should be connected to a DC.

    I would tend to go with the people who designed it, but I am not a cowboy.

    Steve Wicker, Jan 23, 2006