    download for free and a Prectice Test that you pay for?
    Why would one be OK with MS and the other not? My guess is
    that MS can make $$$ off of one and not the other.

    chris, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Chris,

    The braindumps generally appear to be the actual questions you'll find on
    the test. What happens is that these braindump companies will interview
    folks who've taken the test and will compile questions from that. After X
    interviews they've literally have a complete copy of the test bank which is
    what they're selling you. The practice tests come from another bank of
    questions that are not used during the tests. However the questions are in
    a similar format and cover the same subject matter.

    I don't know what our official stance is on these "brain" dumps are but as
    you can imagine there are some moral boundaries that are being
    stretched/crossed.

    Thanks! Robert Gruen
    Microsoft, VB.NET

    --------------------

    Robert Gruen [MSFT], Dec 30, 2003

  3. chris

    Guest Guest

    confers no rights.

    >--------------------
    >| From: "chris" <>
    >| Sender: "chris" <>
    >| Subject: difference between dumps and practice tests
    >| Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:51:31 -0800
    >| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.certification

    microsoft.public.certification:13718

    >| Whats the difference between a Braindumps that you
    >| download for free and a Prectice Test that you pay for?
    >| Why would one be OK with MS and the other not? My guess

    is
    >| that MS can make $$$ off of one and not the other.
    >|

    >.
    >You can bet your left nut there are more scams related to

    test curriculum for sale than there is for free.I've
    thrown $100's away on dated materials that got me close
    enough to the test to fail.You can also bet that when you
    get into that testing center,you have no friends as they
    would all prefer that you failed for whatever reason as it
    is much more profitable that you do.The "garanteed" trash
    is the best as they will pro rate your refund based on
    their own idea/scale.
    The more resources you have,regardless of production
    experience,the better off you are.Setting up your own lab
    at home and actually walking through configurations will
    help you more than anything.Play it like it's you against
    the bloodsucking world that only wants your money and
    then "to hell with you".Break it off in them deep by
    passing the tests the first time instead of creating your
    own personal "brain dump" as they are the most exspensive.
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I've failed MS,Comptia,and
    Cisco tests.You'll find few that will admit that.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004