    WS-3550-48-EMI) and the 3550 XL series?

    Thanks,
    Jude

    J Anderia, Sep 13, 2006

  2. J Anderia <> writes:
    >What is the main difference between the Catalyst 3550 (such as model number
    >WS-3550-48-EMI) and the 3550 XL series?

    3550XL? I found a few google hits that had some of the 3550 parts with
    XL thrown in the description for some reason, but I haven't found any
    Cisco parts that have 3550 XL?

    There was the old 3500XL line (ie. 3524XL) that was the predecessor to
    what the 3550s were, but those were quite different? Ie. Layer-2 only
    the main difference in the days of 2924XL and 3524XL was the 35xx's
    could have Gig uplinks, and the 2924XLs were all 10/100 some with 100 fiber
    uplinks.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 13, 2006

  3. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 13, 2006
  4. J Anderia

    J Anderia Guest

    Yes, it is a 3500XL series, a typo on my part! Thanks for the info Doug and Brad.

    J Anderia, Sep 14, 2006