    printers. Each seems to get a rave review, but the reviews are so similar
    that I can't understand what the distinctions are between them.

    What would be the reasons to prefer the more expensive i960 over the i860?

    Phil Stripling, May 24, 2004

  2. "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I can't seem to find a review which really distinguishes between these two
    > printers. Each seems to get a rave review, but the reviews are so similar
    > that I can't understand what the distinctions are between them.

    IIRC, the i860 (i865 over here) has fewer inks and larger dot sizes (4pl vs.
    2pl?).

    --
    Martin Francis
    no, and yes...."

    Martin Francis, May 24, 2004

  3. Phil Stripling

    bmoag Guest

    The 960 uses 6 instead of 4 colors and smaller droplets. Hence it is able to
    convey finer detail and more realistic color shades. If you interested
    enough in photography to read these posts you will be much happier with the
    960. It is also fast, quiet and relatively economical to operate.

    bmoag, May 25, 2004
  4. Phil Stripling

    Gary Guest

    I got the i960 and can't say enough good about it. I used to be an Epson
    fan. Not anymore.
    I got refill inks and the cost to do a photo say 4x6 is probably around a
    penny of ink.

    Gary, May 26, 2004