    edition text out now. Can I pass the current test by
    studying the first edition text and transcender or do I
    need to get the second edition?
    jav, Apr 15, 2004

  2. jav

    Hugo Guest

    Hi !

    The difference between 70-218 first and second edition of WHY ?

    Hugo

    Hugo, Apr 15, 2004

  3. jav

    Hugo Guest

    OOOOUUUUPPPPPSSSSSSS !

    > The difference between 70-218 first and second edition of WHAT ???

    Hugo

    Hugo, Apr 15, 2004
  4. jav

    Brat Guest

    Depends on the text book you are talking about... also, have you set up a
    home lab and practiced using the skills listed in the exam objectives? Have
    you implemented anything? Why did you purchase the first edition if the
    second was out? If the second was not out, there could be a reason why it
    is now out in stores. Sometimes companies publish a second edition because
    the first is not comprehensive enough or there are errors in the first book.
    Something to look into.

    HTH

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002
    Brat, Apr 15, 2004
  5. jav

    Neil Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in

    > Depends on the text book you are talking about... also, have you set
    > up a home lab and practiced using the skills listed in the exam
    > objectives? Have you implemented anything? Why did you purchase the
    > first edition if the second was out? If the second was not out, there
    > could be a reason why it is now out in stores. Sometimes companies
    > publish a second edition because the first is not comprehensive enough
    > or there are errors in the first book. Something to look into.
    >
    > HTH

    In addition you may find that the book is referenced at the publishers
    website with information that is updated (which may allow you to not
    _have_ to by the 2nd ed.)

    Really want to push you on Brats recommendation of getting some hands on.
    Read it will only take you so far. Doing it will cement the thing...

    (but then I rarely disagree with Brat <grin>)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 15, 2004
  6. jav

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "jav" <> wrote in news:1d21401c4231e
    $f418bef0$:

    > Does anyone know if there is a difference between 70-218
    > first and second edition? I have the first edition texts
    > and Transcender but I noticed that there is a second
    > edition text out now. Can I pass the current test by
    > studying the first edition text and transcender or do I
    > need to get the second edition?

    you generally want to go with the latest edition of study prep. books for
    exams. you don't want to blow $100 on account of studying the wrong text.

    that said, with the 70-218, you might be able to get by with 1st editon
    text. the exam is really a mix of 70-216 and 70-217.

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 16, 2004
  7. jav

    Mark Scott Guest

    I guess he means the MS Press title, the first edition was rushed out and
    full of errors, however if you have done Exams 210, 215 and 216 your sorted!

    Mark Scott, Apr 19, 2004