  1. vc

    vc Guest

    what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
    mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
    mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
    mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

    vc, Feb 19, 2004

  2. vc wrote:
    > what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
    > mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
    > mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
    > mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

    The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 19, 2004

  3. vc

    Gunther Guest

    In article <6J8Zb.52450$>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
    > From: Leonidas Jones <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    >
    > vc wrote:
    > > what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
    > > mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
    > > mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
    > > mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

    > The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
    >
    > Lee

    Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
    cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
    The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
    it's for Windows as well, yes?

    Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
    here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
    Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
    question altogether.

    Gunther

    Gunther, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Gunther wrote:
    > In article <6J8Zb.52450$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
    >>From: Leonidas Jones <>
    >>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
    >>
    >>vc wrote:
    >>
    >>>what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
    >>> mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
    >>> mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
    >>> mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

    >>The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
    > cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
    > The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
    > it's for Windows as well, yes?
    >
    > Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
    > here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
    > Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
    > question altogether.
    >

    > Gunther

    Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 20, 2004
  5. vc

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Gunther wrote:
    >
    >>In article <6J8Zb.52450$>,
    >> says...
    >>

    >>>Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
    >>>From: Leonidas Jones <>
    >>>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla

    >>>The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >>Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
    >>cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
    >>The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
    >>it's for Windows as well, yes?
    >>
    >>Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
    >>here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
    >>Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
    >>question altogether.
    >>

    >>Gunther

    > Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?
    >
    > Lee

    Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
    subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
    on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea. ;-)
    And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
    about speed.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 21, 2004
  6. vc

    VC Guest

    thanks guys
    so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
    environemnt

    vc

    Quoting Ed Mullen:

    VC, Feb 25, 2004
  7. VC wrote:

    > thanks guys
    > so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
    > environemnt
    >
    > vc
    >
    > Quoting Ed Mullen:

    >>> Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
    >> subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
    >> on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea. ;-)
    >> And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
    >> about speed.

    I generally install with the installer. I do have a reference 1.6 on my
    machine that I installed from azip, and I used:

    mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip

    Since I've never used the others, I don't know about them, but that one
    worked for me. Then again, I've had good luck with the installers.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 25, 2004
  8. vc

    VC Guest

    ok i use it too
    thanks

    Quoting Leonidas Jones:

    VC, Feb 26, 2004
  9. VC wrote:

    > ok i use it too
    > thanks
    >
    > Quoting Leonidas Jones:
    >
    >> VC wrote:
    >>
    >>> thanks guys
    >>> so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
    >>> environemnt
    >>>
    >>> vc
    >>>
    >>> Quoting Ed Mullen:

    >> I generally install with the installer. I do have a reference 1.6 on
    >> my machine that I installed from azip, and I used:
    >>
    >> mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip
    >>
    >> Since I've never used the others, I don't know about them, but that
    >> one worked for me. Then again, I've had good luck with the installers.
    >>
    >> Lee

    Let us know how it goes!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 26, 2004
  10. vc

    VC Guest

    why do u reply at the bottom is nt it more nice if u reply at top
    well my opinion

    vc

    Quoting Leonidas Jones:

    VC, Feb 28, 2004
  11. VC wrote:

    > why do u reply at the bottom is nt it more nice if u reply at top
    > well my opinion
    >
    > vc
    >
    > Quoting Leonidas Jones:
    >
    >> VC wrote:
    >>
    >>> ok i use it too
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> Quoting Leonidas Jones:

    >> Let us know how it goes!
    >>
    >> Lee

    Bottom posting is the preferred norm in many newsgroups, and the desired
    norm in the secnews help groups where the Mozilla Champions offer most
    of therir help. We have found that consistent bottom posting, with
    minimal snipping in tech support threads, leads to tthe best help, since
    the entire thread, with all suggested fixes can be read in one post , no
    need to hop around all the old posts. We can offer help faster that way.

    I have appended my Moz Champ sig to this post. I usually do not here,
    since this in not an official Champ help group, we just pop in here to
    offer help. I did so that yuou might take a look at the Posting
    Guidelines, linked in the sig.

    As I say, this in not an official Champ help group, so these Guidelines
    are not forced on you, but reading through them may give you a better
    idea why I and the other Champs who post here, Ed, Dan, Irwin, and
    others, bottom post as a matter of course.

    I also offer the following Google search:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=bott...illa-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones