    VHS version, however this is not true for DIE HARD : With a Vengence, it
    seems to have 1-2 mins missing.

    Any ideas? thought that most DVD`s wouldn`t be restricted in their content.
    IQ, Oct 7, 2004

  2. When dealing with running times posted on hime video packaging, be aware
    that mistakes do happen.

    While I don't know them like the back of my hand, I have noticed no cuts
    on any of the three movies on the trilogy set.

    Just assume they are uncut until you find something is cut, because
    usually the films are not cut and when they are, it's usually in error.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Oct 7, 2004

  3. IQ

    IQ Guest

    Seems that DIE HARD 3 is cut here and there, ran the 2 films together, the
    VHS and DVD. Right enough ran the DVD through my computer.

    Might not be a valid test but when watching them together sometimes the DVD
    would be ahead by a few secs.

    IQ, Oct 8, 2004
  4. I'm even less familar with 3 than I am the other 2. But unless you
    actually see a cut scene on one or the other comparing 2 video transfers
    of the same film will almost always be out of sync be a few seconds
    after time since there are micro differences in the film speed.

    Also, I think that DVD has a very rigid time base correction compared to
    VHS. So, if you sync up a VHS and DVD of the same movie (but a different
    transfer) you can't expect the sync to remain.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Oct 8, 2004