Die Another Day - image problem towards end of film.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Larry L., Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Larry L.

    Larry L. Guest

    I'm curious if anybody else noticed a problem with the image towards the end
    of "Die Another Day." Potential SPOILERS ahead: At the end of the film, as
    the helicopter is about to crash and regains control, the image suddenly
    seems to get slightly blurry and exhibits a sort of "double image." This
    lasts up to the moment Bond shows up in Moneypenny's doorway. The first
    close up of Bond still exhibits this problem, but then it cuts to Moneypenny
    and when it cuts back to Bond, the image returns to normal.

    The effect is particularly noticeable when you see what Moneypenny is
    reading -- normally this text would be readable, but it is not due to this
    "blurry" issue. It doesn't seem to be a system problem since it comes and
    goes during this specific segment of the film and is totally repeatable.

    This problem may not be visible on smaller screens. On a large screen HDTV
    in 480P (Panasonic XP50 DVD player), however, it's pretty obvious. I
    searched, but I could find no other reference to this issue. Has this been
    reported? It was quite obvious to me, so it struck me as strange that
    nobody else has mentioned it.

    Thanks for any information on this,

    Larry

    Larry L., Sep 23, 2003

  2. Larry L.

    Larry L. Guest

    This doesn't seem to be a field cadence issue since the still image of the
    text shows the problem as well (i.e. a field cadence issue should not effect
    a still image -- at least not in this manner.)

    Thanks again for any feedback on this -- I'm just curious if this issue can
    be seen on other systems.

    Larry

    Larry L., Sep 24, 2003