    previously (2 days ago) i still see no directory, but properties shows 111M
    used space

    did x64 eat my usb flash memory?

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obg==?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9obg==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > plugged storix axis 128M usb flash drive into new dell xeon w/ xp pro x64
    >
    > identified new hardware, found driver...
    >
    > when i opened drive window nothing was shown in directory
    >
    > moving back to 32 bit xp pro computer that i have used this drive with
    > previously (2 days ago) i still see no directory, but properties shows
    > 111M
    > used space
    >
    > did x64 eat my usb flash memory?

    Sounds like you've been disconnecting it without first stopping it with the
    Safely Remove Hardware applet. Removing a thumb drive without stopping it
    will often result in what you have described.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 17, 2005

  3. You could try using this free file recovery program. recover /restore the
    content of the external drive (to for example your desktop) and then put the
    content back to your external drive. I find this program to work pretty well,
    have used it in Windows 32 bit but don't know if it works in X64, fiddle
    around with it and you'll figure out how it works
    http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector-File-Recovery/3000-2248_4-10118664.html?tag=lst-0-5

    good luck

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jun 17, 2005