Did Road Runner Damage My Phone?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harry, May 10, 2006.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Hello,

    I installed Road Runner, then a lot of things happened none
    of them getting on the Internet. Today the repair man fixed
    the Road Runner (the signal was all wrong and he had to run
    a new outside wire plus other stuff), and now here iam on the
    Internet. While i was waiting for the repair, besides by
    scanner acting up, everytime i received a phone call a fax
    thingy came up on my screen wanting me to send a fax. Now
    there is a noise (a high-to-medium pitched tone) in my phone
    when ever you use it even though i deleted the fax, its identity,
    icon, and everything related to it etc, since i donot use it,
    pluse it activated two anti-viruses, and i have no idea from
    where it came or how it got there. So what did Road Runner
    do to my phone?

    The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
    room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
    walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
    about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
    ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
    ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
    caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
    told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
    to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
    him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
    become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
    is going on? It is scary!

    Truly

    http://www.usenet.com
    Harry, May 10, 2006

  2. "Harry" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed Road Runner, then a lot of things happened none
    > of them getting on the Internet. Today the repair man fixed
    > the Road Runner (the signal was all wrong and he had to run
    > a new outside wire plus other stuff), and now here iam on the
    > Internet. While i was waiting for the repair, besides by
    > scanner acting up, everytime i received a phone call a fax
    > thingy came up on my screen wanting me to send a fax. Now
    > there is a noise (a high-to-medium pitched tone) in my phone
    > when ever you use it even though i deleted the fax, its identity,
    > icon, and everything related to it etc, since i donot use it,
    > pluse it activated two anti-viruses, and i have no idea from
    > where it came or how it got there. So what did Road Runner
    > do to my phone?
    >
    > The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
    > room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
    > walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
    > about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
    > ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
    > ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
    > caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
    > told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
    > to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
    > him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
    > become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
    > is going on? It is scary!
    >
    > Truly

    Do you have digital phone through RR ??
    If so maybe switchnid " a little box for phone outside home mounted on wall"
    is not hooked up properly
    Wrecks \(MCP\), May 11, 2006

  3. Harry

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Harry wrote:
    > Hello,

    > The repair man was a slob. I asked him to stay off my living
    > room rug which was drying from being shampooed, and to
    > walk through the kitchen instead; but then, when he was
    > about to leave (the job was finished) there he was, with
    > ladder and all, standing on the damp run, then he drug his
    > ladder across the livingroom rug as he left. Not only that i
    > caught him changing my settings and tool bar. Before that I
    > told him which door to use, then i find he unlocked the door
    > to the living room so he could use it instead of the one i told
    > him to use (through the laundry room). Workman have
    > become so horribly destructive now a days. What is it? What
    > is going on? It is scary!

    Disgusting isn't it? I blame the relaxation of standards - once we
    allowed the common folk to have the vote and to consider themselves
    equal the proper relationship between the ruling class and the working
    classes has been eroded.

    You should have demanded the workman use the servant's entrance, remove
    his boots and socks at the doorway, and have one of your staff
    supervise him whilst in your home.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus