    Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?

    thanks

    Feras
    feras, Jun 28, 2004

  2. feras wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    > Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Feras

    DID is (was) available over analog lines, but many telcos have stopped
    offering it. Also, becaus of the nature of the signalling used on these
    lines, they couldn't be used for outgoing calls.

    I don't know if it is ever offered on BRI lines.
    Hammond of Texas, Jun 30, 2004

  3. feras

    Guest Guest

    BRI supports it, and I've even gotten Verizon to set it up, but it takes a
    few calls if you want your standard 100 numbers. 2-10 numbers are easy to
    get but the Verizon rep might not realize that they are DID. Just tell them
    you want some addition numbers assigned, the called line number is part of
    the normal call setup.

    T1 (non-PRI) also supports DID

    Guest, Jul 1, 2004
  4. <RC> writes:
    >BRI supports it, and I've even gotten Verizon to set it up, but it takes a
    >few calls if you want your standard 100 numbers. 2-10 numbers are easy to
    >get but the Verizon rep might not realize that they are DID. Just tell them
    >you want some addition numbers assigned, the called line number is part of
    >the normal call setup.

    >T1 (non-PRI) also supports DID

    Depends quite a bit on the telco. Several that serve this area would
    refuse to do DID on BRIs. They pretty much treat BRIs like the plague
    now-a-days anyway.

    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
    Doug McIntyre, Jul 1, 2004
  5. feras

    Guest Guest

    "Doug McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > Depends quite a bit on the telco. Several that serve this area would
    > refuse to do DID on BRIs. They pretty much treat BRIs like the plague
    > now-a-days anyway.

    Pretty much the same here, but you can use their ignorance to your
    advantage. Just ask them to add additional numbers to you line (give them
    the billing number). The dialed number information is part of the normal
    call setup of a BRI. As long as you don't say DID or ISDN, they don't get
    too confused and you get your DID.
    Guest, Jul 7, 2004