    number from UK, please tell me.
    Else I'll go for SkypeIN...
    Thank you!!!

    Carlo, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Carlo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Carlo" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:ZvTe.53039$
    > Hello!
    > Does anyone know if there's any voip opearator that
    > allows you to get a free (or cheap) singaporean number?
    > I mean something like skipeIn, so that I could receive
    > calls from someone in singapore and let him pay for a
    > local call. Is that feature named DID (and DDI ,
    > Direct Inward Dialing)? Is there any other way to call
    > this service (I ask so that
    > i can look better for it on google!)
    > Same question about UK number.If you know any site where
    > to get free a number from UK, please tell me.
    > Else I'll go for SkypeIN...
    > Thank you!!!

    Can't advise about Singapore, but www.sipgate.co.uk do free UK numbers.
    You need to register from a UK IP address though.

    BTW ignore some of the idiots on here who will no doubt tell you Sipgate
    are a load of rubbish, while they have had problems, they aren't as bad as
    some would have you believe.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Carlo

    Henry F III Guest

    http://www.xeloq.com provides UK DID inbound numbers.....I was told last
    week when I called them; Dutch DID numbers also come in late september /
    early october. Nice for me because i am dutch......they will announce it
    later on the website

    Henry

    Henry F III, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Carlo

    Amnesiac Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 06:42:28 GMT, "Carlo" <> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >Does anyone know if there's any voip opearator that allows you to get a free
    >(or cheap) singaporean number?
    >I mean something like skipeIn, so that I could receive calls from someone in
    >singapore and let him pay for a local call.
    >Is that feature named DID (and DDI ,
    >Direct Inward Dialing)? Is there any other way to call this service (I ask
    >so that
    >i can look better for it on google!)
    >Same question about UK number.If you know any site where to get free a
    >number from UK, please tell me.
    >Else I'll go for SkypeIN...
    >Thank you!!!

    I didn't notice anyone when I was living in SG (until about a month ago)
    basically neither Singtel & StarHub (who have most/all the broadband market)
    sell phone services and so I doubt they would have any incentive to provide
    interconnect - unless the government legislates it.

    Given that a SkypeOut from SG to UK landline numbers is payable by
    Mastercard/Visa at a couple of euro cents a minute (so about 3 cents SG per min)
    I suggest the person in SG uses broadband and does that. The monthly broadband
    cost isn't too expensive (either with Star or Singtel) and in my experience it
    works reasonably well too.

    A.

    Amnesiac, Sep 11, 2005