    The National Association of Stupid People (NAPS) asked me to stop
    Calling youknowho "RtS". They state it's an insult to stupid people.

    Darnit.

    Evan Platt, Nov 1, 2006

  2. is thi real

    K lankapurage, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:07:42 GMT, "K lankapurage"
    <> wrote:

    >is thi real

    Uhhh yeah. There really is a National Association of Stupid People.

    And the word gullible isn't in any dictionary.

    And under the word redundant, it says "see redundant."

    Evan Platt, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Evan Platt

    Guest

    , Nov 1, 2006
  5. Evan Platt

    richard Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > The National Association of Stupid People (NAPS) asked me to stop
    > Calling youknowho "RtS". They state it's an insult to stupid people.
    >
    > Darnit.

    Man now that's like a real bummer. I can't even call myself stupid? Sheeesh.

    But then you'd have to be included in that category as well.

    richard, Nov 1, 2006
  6. Evan Platt

    richard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >
    >>The National Association of Stupid People (NAPS) asked me to stop
    >>Calling youknowho "RtS". They state it's an insult to stupid people.

    > Their sure not going to like this then:
    > http://drudgereport.com/irak.jpg

    And to think that some of the world's best stupid people got elected to a
    political office.
    Like King Bush.

    richard, Nov 1, 2006
  7. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:40:12 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:

    >Man now that's like a real bummer. I can't even call myself stupid? Sheeesh.

    You may be exempt.

    >But then you'd have to be included in that category as well.

    I'm not the one who was looking for a "web host for my server" or
    suggested someone obtain a "T-1 server".

    Idiot.

    Evan Platt, Nov 1, 2006
  8. Evan Platt

    richard Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:40:12 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Man now that's like a real bummer. I can't even call myself stupid?
    >>Sheeesh.

    > You may be exempt.
    >
    >>But then you'd have to be included in that category as well.

    > I'm not the one who was looking for a "web host for my server" or
    > suggested someone obtain a "T-1 server".

    And as you learned, I was correct as stated by others.
    A T1 server with a price tag of $3245 ain't exactly your home pc is it?
    To educate you further, there are plenty of hosting companies out there who
    will put your server on line at their facility.
    They will also manage it for you.
    It's called colocation. Go ahead, search for the term.

    Oh and BTW smart boy, explain to me how ya gonna deal with hosting a website
    at your home and the only thing you got to work with is a 19kb standard
    phone line?

    Oh and tell me what it's gonna cost to start up your little service.

    Of course, your response to all of this will be some ignorant one line deal
    like meat plow does.
    Which proves how ignorant you really are.

    richard, Nov 1, 2006
  9. Evan Platt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    LOL good one :0)

    pcbutts1, Nov 1, 2006
  10. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:47:14 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:

    >And as you learned, I was correct as stated by others.

    You lucked out. I very seriously doubt when you said "T1 server" you
    knew anything about the Sun T1, nor was that what you meant. Hell,
    I'll admit I didn't. You were talking out your ass again.

    The computer you run on has nothing to do with running a news server.

    >A T1 server with a price tag of $3245 ain't exactly your home pc is it?

    WTF does a T1 Sun Server have to do with a news server? Nice trying to
    cover up your stupidity, dipshit.

    You could run a news server just as easily on a P2 as a sun, or any
    other box. For a news server, the primary concern is internet
    connection, and hard drive space, not processor speed.

    >To educate you further, there are plenty of hosting companies out there who
    >will put your server on line at their facility.
    >They will also manage it for you.
    >It's called colocation. Go ahead, search for the term.

    Yes, you stupid ****, I know what it's called. It's not called a "web
    host" as you called it:

    "Subject: I need a web host for my machine"

    Obviously, if you KNEW it was called colocation, why did you say you
    need a web host? Web host and colocation are two entirely different
    things.

    Oh.. Because you DIDN'T know, did you dipshit?

    >Oh and BTW smart boy, explain to me how ya gonna deal with hosting a website
    >at your home and the only thing you got to work with is a 19kb standard
    >phone line?

    Well considering I have a 6 meg down/700+k line, I wouldn't be using a
    '19kb phone line.'

    >Oh and tell me what it's gonna cost to start up your little service.
    >
    >Of course, your response to all of this will be some ignorant one line deal
    >like meat plow does.
    >Which proves how ignorant you really are.

    Actually I did run a news server for a while.

    Granted it was only for me. Back when I had ISDN (when ISDN was the
    $h1t). Basically, at night, I had my ISDN connect, download all the
    articles from a few favorite text groups, about a few dozen. Then, I'd
    use my laptop to connect to my server as my usenet server, and read
    them from there. I could have opened up access through my firewall and
    let people on the outside use it as a news server, but since ISDN was
    basically Pay Per Call (you had <X> hours free, then were charged over
    that use), it would cost me. So it was easier to have my server at
    night download all the messages, which took all of ... oh an hour,
    then I could read them offline, at my own pace.

    Any other comments, nimrod?

    Evan Platt, Nov 2, 2006
  11. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:47:14 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:
    >
    >> And as you learned, I was correct as stated by others.

    > You lucked out. I very seriously doubt when you said "T1 server" you
    > knew anything about the Sun T1, nor was that what you meant. Hell,
    > I'll admit I didn't. You were talking out your ass again.

    Goldurnit. I was out all day today... you beat me to it! :-0

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 2, 2006
  12. Evan Platt

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Wed, 1 Nov
    2006 12:41:56 -0700, and "richard" <> vomited forth this
    bit of wisdom :

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The National Association of Stupid People (NAPS) asked me to stop
    >>>Calling youknowho "RtS". They state it's an insult to stupid people.

    >> Their sure not going to like this then:
    >> http://drudgereport.com/irak.jpg
    >>

    >And to think that some of the world's best stupid people got elected to a
    >political office.
    >Like King Bush.

    Yeah, he's so stupid he graduated from Yale AND Harvard with top
    honors.

    Frosty, Nov 2, 2006
  13. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 01:25:08 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Goldurnit. I was out all day today... you beat me to it! :-0

    You snooze, you lose. :-D

    Evan Platt, Nov 2, 2006
  14. Evan Platt

    Lookout Guest

    On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:05:53 -0800, wrote:

    > Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >
    >>The National Association of Stupid People (NAPS) asked me to stop
    >>Calling youknowho "RtS". They state it's an insult to stupid people.

    >Their sure not going to like this then:
    >http://drudgereport.com/irak.jpg

    Everyone (but Faux News watchers) know he was talking about the
    jackass in the whitehouse.

    Lookout, Nov 3, 2006