    Anyway, I wonder how many others got burned on that deal.

    Thanks,
    --Dan
    dg, Apr 19, 2005

  2. dg

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    dg wrote:
    > I signed up with Vonage using the link below:
    > http://www.vonage-promotion.com/coupon.html
    > The coupon claims you will get the second month free if you sign up using
    > the coupon. So I signed up using the coupon.
    >
    > When the second month came around, I got billed anyway. Today I called and
    > was told "that's for Canadian customers only". I am in the US. Well I
    > never saw anything that indicated that, but now that I look at the above
    > link again I do see a Canadian flag in the corner but NO mention of Canada
    > anywhere in the page.
    >
    > Anyway, I wonder how many others got burned on that deal.

    I would have to say it's probably the fault of the website owner
    (vonage-promotion.com isn't run by Vonage, but by an affiliate trying to
    rack up refereral income) for not making it clear that the offer only
    applies to Canadian users.

    Of course this doesn't help you now, but generally if you find a current
    Vonage user (like myself), he or she can refer you, and you would then
    get the second month free if use the referral invitation e-mail they
    send to you. Likewise, the existing user gets a credit towards a future
    bill for referring you.

    I haven't actually referred anyone yet (though if anyone's interested in
    giving it a shot, by all means let me know :) ), but those who have say
    that they do get the credit as promised, and the referred customer
    likewise gets their free second month as promised.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Isaiah Beard, Apr 19, 2005

  3. dg

    dg Guest

    "Isaiah Beard" <> wrote in message
    > I would have to say it's probably the fault of the website owner
    > (vonage-promotion.com isn't run by Vonage, but by an affiliate trying to
    > rack up refereral income) for not making it clear that the offer only
    > applies to Canadian users.

    I should have posted this link:
    https://secure.vonage.com/vonage-subscribe/index.htm?refer_id=npev311e2o6nvp79pee1

    Which IS on the vonage site. I emailed Vonage after my phone call and told
    them that I thought it was shady to deny me the free month of service that
    was part of the offer when I signed up. They credited my account for a
    month of service and said that it IS a valid US offer.

    So in the end, I didn't get burned after all.

    --Dan
    dg, Apr 19, 2005