    --
    Like painted kites, those days and nights, they went flyin' by...
    --
    Wattsville Blues, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Wattsville Blues

    Steve IA Guest

    Wattsville Blues wrote:

    > How can I access the dictionary function in the Firefox address bar?
    >
    > I thought all you had to do was type "dict: smooth" and it would bring
    > up a page giving the meaning of the word. Apparently not.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > Like painted kites, those days and nights, they went flyin' by...
    > --

    Don't know if this will fit your bill, but try the dictionarysearch
    extension
    http://dictionarysearch.mozdev.org/

    Steve
    southiowa
    Steve IA, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Wattsville Blues

    .brian. Guest

    On 10/3/2004 4:38 PM Wattsville Blues wrote:
    > How can I access the dictionary function in the Firefox address bar?
    >
    > I thought all you had to do was type "dict: smooth" and it would bring
    > up a page giving the meaning of the word. Apparently not.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Not "dict: foo", it's "dict foo". You can change the keyword to
    whatever you want, just change the properties for the bookmark--the
    dictionary.com bookmark is under Quick Searches.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm