    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, May 3, 2004

  2. Pun Krocker

    Moz Champion Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:

    > Just installed the new V.0.6 Tbird and hoped there was now support for
    > English GB spell checker, when I selected download more I get an error.
    >
    > The File /content/navigator.xul cannot be found
    >
    > In V.0.5 trying to use the download option did nothing except open a
    > blank box, does anyone know if this option is still not working or do I
    > have an error here?
    >
    > Thanks

    Get the same error as in 0.5 here.

    To install different dictionaries go here
    http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, May 3, 2004

  3. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Moz Champion said the following on 03 May 2004 23:47:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> Just installed the new V.0.6 Tbird and hoped there was now support for
    >> English GB spell checker, when I selected download more I get an error.
    >>
    >> The File /content/navigator.xul cannot be found
    >>
    >> In V.0.5 trying to use the download option did nothing except open a
    >> blank box, does anyone know if this option is still not working or do
    >> I have an error here?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Get the same error as in 0.5 here.
    > To install different dictionaries go here
    > http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries

    Thanks, I had the MozillaCafe bookmarked but have been getting script
    errors on the site for a few weeks :(

    I just found this before I read your reply, works a treat :)

    http://www.pyxidium.co.uk/dictionary/mozilla.html

    Thanks

    Pun Krocker, May 4, 2004
  4. Moz Champion <> wrote in message news:<3_zlc.29338$>...
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    > > Just installed the new V.0.6 Tbird and hoped there was now support for
    > > English GB spell checker, when I selected download more I get an error.
    > >
    > > The File /content/navigator.xul cannot be found
    > >
    > > In V.0.5 trying to use the download option did nothing except open a
    > > blank box, does anyone know if this option is still not working or do I
    > > have an error here?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Get the same error as in 0.5 here.
    >
    > To install different dictionaries go here
    > http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries

    Any clue on how to fix this?

    Tristan Grimaux, May 6, 2004
  5. Pun Krocker

    Moz Champion Guest

    Tristan Grimaux wrote:

    > Moz Champion <> wrote in message news:<3_zlc.29338$>...
    >
    >>Pun Krocker wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just installed the new V.0.6 Tbird and hoped there was now support for
    >>>English GB spell checker, when I selected download more I get an error.
    >>>
    >>>The File /content/navigator.xul cannot be found
    >>>
    >>>In V.0.5 trying to use the download option did nothing except open a
    >>>blank box, does anyone know if this option is still not working or do I
    >>>have an error here?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >>Get the same error as in 0.5 here.
    >>
    >>To install different dictionaries go here
    >>http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries

    > Any clue on how to fix this?

    Um, yes, and thats what my answer specified

    Moz Champion, May 6, 2004
  6. Pun Krocker

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Tristan Grimaux wrote:
    > Any clue on how to fix this?

    Installing dictionaries doesn't seem to work in Thunderbird, but there's
    a simple workaround (in W2K, at any rate). Follow the link already
    posted twice by Moz Champion. If you want a dictionary other than US
    English then look at the section on Non-English dictionaries (I found it
    quite comical that this section led me to a proper English dictionary),
    and follow the link to <url:http://www.mozcafe.com/download/> . You
    will have to be using Mozilla or Firefox, it's no good doing this in
    Opera as I tried to do the first time.

    Select your dictionaries and hit Download to install them in
    Mozilla/Firefox. Then find the relevant files in your Mozilla/Firefox
    installation directory (en-GB.aff & en-GB.dic for English) and copy them
    to components\myspell\ in your Thunderbird installation directory.

    ISTR I had to manually create the myspell subdirectory in Thunderbird
    components.

    <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>

    Danny Colyer, May 6, 2004