    linux on the desktop...judge for yourself.

    http://linux-noob.com/review/fedora/fcr3/

    Im
    Imhotep, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Imhotep

    anders Guest

    Imhotep wrote:
    > Occasionally, I here crap about linux not being as easy to use and 'It will
    > never make it to the desktop". I am a technical person so sometimes it is
    > difficult to view through a non-technical person's eyes. I came across this
    > article that helps to see that it is not the difficult for a newbee to use
    > linux on the desktop...judge for yourself.
    >
    > http://linux-noob.com/review/fedora/fcr3/
    >
    > Im

    Well I don´t now were to start, a couple of yers ago I tryed Red hat 8.0
    but I find it to be mush to buggi, I also from time to time tryed
    Knoppix and the first one I tryed was Knoppix 3.0 and could´t start X
    becouse of the lak of handeling my new (at that time) grafikcard NV
    FX5200, it has always ben a bit of an pita but it works well under newer
    Linux dists.

    After I had tryed RH 8, Knopp 3.0 and 3.8 i tryed Debian Sarge, and to
    day I run Ubuntu 5.04.

    Under Deb. I could not get any USB to run propely ( my lak of nowhow
    perhaps) but with this Ubuntu I have manage to get my USB-pen and my HP
    digital camera to work propely along with the printer, even my
    MP3-player runs ok, but no scanner.

    So if it wasen´t for the Scanner and that I do want to use Adobe
    photoshop (never gonna get comfortobal with Gimp, it is to many Windows
    open at the same time), I would had get rid of my XP-installation yesterday.

    If anyone ask me today which Linux dist to try, I say Ubuntu because it
    is esy to set up and understan how it works.

    anders
    anders, Aug 17, 2005