    to automatically connect.
    So.
    How do i fix the damn thing?
    Robert Baer, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Robert Baer

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    news:7gVhf.1300$...
    > Allow me to back-up a bit in time first.
    > I have installed Win95 a few times (ages ago) then Win98SE numerous
    > times, and Win2000 a number of times.
    > And i never know what the dialup situation will be.
    > A little less than half of the time, when i click on the browser icon
    > (always was Netscape because i never trusted IE), the dialer window would
    > pop up and the password would be ther, and it would dial and log me in.
    > And that is exactly what i have been used to for the last 2 years with
    > my present Win98SE setup.
    > BUT.
    > For the last 2 days, the dialer window does *not* have the password -
    > that part is blank.
    > And it does no good to put it in, tell it to save the password, and to
    > automatically connect.
    > So.
    > How do i fix the damn thing?

    Would doing a 'scanreg /restore' do it? I'm only throwing out a 'possible'
    suggestion since I don't think I've used that command for that issue.
    Mark Mandell, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Robert Baer

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:44:51 GMT, Robert Baer
    <> spewed the following drivel:

    > Allow me to back-up a bit in time first.
    > I have installed Win95 a few times (ages ago) then Win98SE

    numerous
    >times, and Win2000 a number of times.
    > And i never know what the dialup situation will be.
    > A little less than half of the time, when i click on the browser

    icon
    >(always was Netscape because i never trusted IE), the dialer window
    >would pop up and the password would be ther, and it would dial and

    log
    >me in.
    > And that is exactly what i have been used to for the last 2 years
    >with my present Win98SE setup.
    > BUT.
    > For the last 2 days, the dialer window does *not* have the

    password -
    >that part is blank.
    > And it does no good to put it in, tell it to save the password,

    and
    >to automatically connect.
    > So.
    > How do i fix the damn thing?

    Check the connection tab in internet explorer and go to settings. Type
    in the password. If this does not do it, delete the connection and set
    it up again.
    __

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    nos1eep wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:44:51 GMT, Robert Baer
    > <> spewed the following drivel:
    >

    >> Allow me to back-up a bit in time first.
    >> I have installed Win95 a few times (ages ago) then Win98SE

    > numerous
    >
    >>times, and Win2000 a number of times.
    >> And i never know what the dialup situation will be.
    >> A little less than half of the time, when i click on the browser

    > icon
    >
    >>(always was Netscape because i never trusted IE), the dialer window
    >>would pop up and the password would be ther, and it would dial and

    > log
    >
    >>me in.
    >> And that is exactly what i have been used to for the last 2 years
    >>with my present Win98SE setup.
    >> BUT.
    >> For the last 2 days, the dialer window does *not* have the

    > password -
    >
    >>that part is blank.
    >> And it does no good to put it in, tell it to save the password,

    > and
    >
    >>to automatically connect.
    >> So.
    >> How do i fix the damn thing?

    > Check the connection tab in internet explorer and go to settings. Type
    > in the password. If this does not do it, delete the connection and set
    > it up again.
    > __
    >
    > -nos1eep

    I do not have IE.
    I have tried Control Panel / Internet Options / Connections tab /
    Settings, and filled out the -blank- password box.
    Does not work; closing that and 3 seconds later re-opening that it is
    blank again (!!!).
    Robert Baer, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Mark Mandell wrote:

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Allow me to back-up a bit in time first.
    >> I have installed Win95 a few times (ages ago) then Win98SE numerous
    >>times, and Win2000 a number of times.
    >> And i never know what the dialup situation will be.
    >> A little less than half of the time, when i click on the browser icon
    >>(always was Netscape because i never trusted IE), the dialer window would
    >>pop up and the password would be ther, and it would dial and log me in.
    >> And that is exactly what i have been used to for the last 2 years with
    >>my present Win98SE setup.
    >> BUT.
    >> For the last 2 days, the dialer window does *not* have the password -
    >>that part is blank.
    >> And it does no good to put it in, tell it to save the password, and to
    >>automatically connect.
    >> So.
    >> How do i fix the damn thing?

    > Would doing a 'scanreg /restore' do it? I'm only throwing out a 'possible'
    > suggestion since I don't think I've used that command for that issue.

    I will try that; seems i have to shut down and run that from DOS.
    Robert Baer, Nov 27, 2005
  6. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Re: Dialup problem SOLVED

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Allow me to back-up a bit in time first.
    > I have installed Win95 a few times (ages ago) then Win98SE numerous
    > times, and Win2000 a number of times.
    > And i never know what the dialup situation will be.
    > A little less than half of the time, when i click on the browser icon
    > (always was Netscape because i never trusted IE), the dialer window
    > would pop up and the password would be ther, and it would dial and log
    > me in.
    > And that is exactly what i have been used to for the last 2 years with
    > my present Win98SE setup.
    > BUT.
    > For the last 2 days, the dialer window does *not* have the password -
    > that part is blank.
    > And it does no good to put it in, tell it to save the password, and
    > to automatically connect.
    > So.
    > How do i fix the damn thing?

    Adding a network client did the trick.
    Do not know what happened, but it works now, and that is all that counts.
    Thanks!
    Robert Baer, Nov 28, 2005