dialup modem query

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. In article <>, "XPD" <....nz> wrote:
    >Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
    >forgotten something....
    >
    >Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
    >voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
    >picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
    >Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
    >wave driver for the modem.
    >
    >Ideas ?
    >Running XP SP2

    IIRC the system I had running on win 3.11 many years ago assumed it was a
    voice call unless it got fax noises. Basically it played the greeting and
    recorded the message unless the fax on the other end told it not to. I can
    assure you, there was only the modem (and bitware s/w) ... AFAIK, no
    voice/wave anything :)

    HTH

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    XPD, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:01:06 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
    > forgotten something....
    >
    > Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
    > voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
    > picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
    > Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
    > wave driver for the modem.
    >
    > Ideas ?

    Have you got the modem in answer mode? ie got it so that it will answer
    incoming calls.
    Gordon, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    XPD Guest

    "XPD" <....nz> wrote in message
    > Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
    > forgotten something....
    >
    > Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
    > voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
    > picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
    > Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
    > wave driver for the modem.
    >
    > Ideas ?
    > Running XP SP2

    Odd.... running 1 program and it wont answer calls due to missing WAVE
    driver etc.... installed a different program and it works sweet :)
    Problem solved.... :)
    XPD, Apr 5, 2006