    force Dial-up to remember my actual password and stop giving me this wrong
    one?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Jim Beaver

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Jim Beaver bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > In IE 6, my Dial-Up Connection screen comes up when the modem is
    > dialing my ISP. There's a space for my password and a check-box
    > ("Remember My Password?"). Even if I check the box, each time the
    > Dial-up screen comes up, there's a different password in the
    > space--not mine. Of course it's just dots, but a. it's got too many
    > digits and b. it doesn't work. How do I force Dial-up to remember my
    > actual password and stop giving me this wrong one?
    >
    > Jim Beaver

    It's a "security" function the extra characters "dots" are put in to
    disguise the password length.

    Dont worry about it :)
    --
    Mcploppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Mcploppy ©, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Jim Beaver

    °Mike° Guest

    You probably have more than one connectoid, in which
    case you need to set the default. Control Panel / Internet
    Options / Connections ... Highlight the right connection
    and press 'Set Default'. Now check 'Always dial my default...'

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:41:37 GMT, in
    <BXcob.22130$>
    Jim Beaver scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Jim Beaver

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Jim Beaver bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > In IE 6, my Dial-Up Connection screen comes up when the modem is
    > dialing my ISP. There's a space for my password and a check-box
    > ("Remember My Password?"). Even if I check the box, each time the
    > Dial-up screen comes up, there's a different password in the
    > space--not mine. Of course it's just dots, but a. it's got too many
    > digits and b. it doesn't work. How do I force Dial-up to remember my
    > actual password and stop giving me this wrong one?
    >
    > Jim Beaver

    Didnt read all your post properly sorry.....
    The statement I made re dots still stands....
    Check that you are entering the password correctly, check that password
    characters are lower or upper case.

    Mcploppy ©, Oct 30, 2003