Dialup Connection Box

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by skidaddy, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. skidaddy

    skidaddy Guest

    O / S WindowsMe

    * Problem No. 1
    I am have some real trouble trying to get the dialup connection box to
    remember a password

    Here is the scenario when I Bootup the computer boots okay ( NO Password
    request ) this is good )
    When I connect to the internet, a dialog comes up and asks for a password,
    the save the password is grayed out, not allowing me to save the password
    ( Not Good)

    I have deleted all the pwl's in the computer, I have also changed values in
    the registry, I have did almost everything that Microsoft's Knowledge Base
    has, and still I can not change this situation.
    I hope someone out there has had some experience in this situation.

    * Problem No. 2
    This is an " E Machine " and when the computer boots up the E Machine
    Logo stays on forever, how can I remove this pest.

    Thanks very much for all your help and effort.

    Skiddady

    skidaddy, Nov 29, 2003

  2. skidaddy

    °Mike° Guest

    Since you never mentioned which MSKB article...

    Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved

    Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable

    Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:02:48 GMT, in
    <>
    skidaddy scrawled:

    --