Dialup Connect troubles....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    I've been on either cable modem or ADSL since 1999.

    Tonight, setting up a PC for a friend, I set up some dialup accounts for

    - Paradise
    - Orcon
    - AT&T

    Earlier, I could connect to paradise, no problems....and was online for
    about an hour.downloading some bits and pieces on to the system.

    Around 10:30 PM, I tried to set up the other accounts....and all 0867
    and 0873 and local numbers called via tolls returned a busy tone.

    Even Paradise.

    It's not ring mistaken for busy....it's a genuine busy tone.

    Anyone else having trouble getting connected via dial-up tonight?
    (Saturday).
    steve, Jun 5, 2004

  2. steve

    Bob McLellan Guest

    Are you aware that ATT have their own dialler that you download from
    them. (Catch 22?)

    Bob McLellan, Jun 6, 2004