Dialout with 2 modems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Leonardo Gironacci \(CEA\), Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I'm trying to configure a 2500 cisco router with IOS11.3 to make DDR using multilink with 2 modems tied to 2 async lines ports. It works OK for one modem at a time (both of them works stand alone), but I don't know how to make the second modem dials. The server also has 2 modems with diferents dialed numbers, so I need to specify 2 differents strings to dial up.

    Any clue??

    Here is my configuration:

    interface Group-Async1
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer in-band
    dialer rotary-group 1
    dialer-group 1
    async mode interactive
    no peer default ip address
    no fair-queue
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap
    ppp chap hostname foco
    ppp chap password 7 02000B4A1E0F1B2E
    ppp pap sent-username foco password 7 foquito
    ppp multilink
    group-range 1 2
    !
    interface Dialer1
    ip address 192.168.5.5 255.255.255.0
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer in-band
    dialer map ip 192.168.5.3 40091
    dialer map ip 192.168.5.4 40187
    dialer load-threshold 1 either
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    !
    line 1 2
    modem InOut
    modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster
    transport input all
    speed 115200
    flowcontrol hardware

    Thanks
    Leo
    Leonardo Gironacci \(CEA\), Apr 2, 2004

  2. You configuration looks correct. "debug dialer" and "debug modem" may be
    enlightening. Maybe it is attempting the second call and there is a problem
    with the second modem?
    Phillip Remaker, Apr 3, 2004