    Could anyone shed light on the above? What would be consequence for my
    not putting a check mark there?

    Kaz
    honjo, Nov 2, 2005

  2. This is a very important concept, and it will save a lot of grief when you
    want to look at legacy applications (or brain-damaged applications) that do
    not handle Unicode.
    How it works
    In general, it is not possible to know which programs support Unicode and
    which do not. Therefore, if you are working in Korean:
    some of your programs will show Korean just fine (e.g. Microsoft Office,
    Notepad).
    Learn more here http://www.ficorp.com/intl_xp.html under "How it works"
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    other programs will show either question marks or garbage, whenever a Korean
    character is displayed.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 2, 2005

  3. honjo

    honjo Guest

    Thanks for your response.
    The language pack you are referring to is the one which comes in W2K or
    WXP setup CDROM. I had installed this language pack before installing
    the MUI as explained below.

    What I am asking about is MUI add-on pack that is not the one which
    comes in the OS setup CDROM. My understanding about this MUI is that it
    can be installed only on English version of WXP(in my present case x64
    Edition) to allow displaying its user interface in a language other than
    English. The MUI as above is doing exactly what I expected and I am
    wondering who needs to put that check mark on the dialogue when
    installing the MUI.

    Kaz

    honjo, Nov 2, 2005