    How can I stop my PC from stating the obvious after the event ?
    I know this may be be a stupid question but some of us are still learning
    !!!

    Mike W., Apr 16, 2005

  2. Mike W.

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "Mike W." <> wrote in message
    news:d3pmol$6nt$...
    > Every time I use IE, I get a ballon which pops up from the systray area
    > (bottom right) stating "BT Yahoo is now connected etc.....) 10 minutes
    > after
    > I have been using the internet. I also get another balloon after printing
    > which states "The document was sent to the printer......)
    > How can I stop my PC from stating the obvious after the event ?
    > I know this may be be a stupid question but some of us are still learning
    > !!!

    You need Tweak UI XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    ~Brian~, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Mike W.

    SgtMinor Guest

    Mike W. wrote:

    > Every time I use IE, I get a ballon which pops up from the systray area
    > (bottom right) stating "BT Yahoo is now connected etc.....) 10 minutes after
    > I have been using the internet. I also get another balloon after printing
    > which states "The document was sent to the printer......)
    > How can I stop my PC from stating the obvious after the event ?
    > I know this may be be a stupid question but some of us are still learning
    > !!!

    "HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

    SgtMinor, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Mike W.

    doS Guest

    http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/cleandrive1.html

    doS, Apr 16, 2005
  5. Mike W.

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:37:41 +0000 (UTC), "Mike W." <> wrote:

    >Every time I use IE, I get a ballon which pops up from the systray area
    >(bottom right) stating "BT Yahoo is now connected etc.....) 10 minutes after
    >I have been using the internet. I also get another balloon after printing
    >which states "The document was sent to the printer......)
    >How can I stop my PC from stating the obvious after the event ?
    >I know this may be be a stupid question but some of us are still learning
    >!!!

    Disable Windows® XP's Balloon Tips
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_balloontips.htm

    Unk, Apr 16, 2005