    to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes seem to
    work just fine.

    --

    Herman, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Herman

    Telephoneman Guest

    "Herman" <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote
    in message news:n7VXi.9361$...
    > It seems that one of the voip numbers I have does not receive calls from
    > "local" numbers (BT/OneTel) without the dial code (01297 30xxxx). Is this
    > a situation that can be fixed (preferably through my ITSP) or do I just
    > need to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes
    > seem to work just fine.

    I had this about a year ago. get someone who is in your area and who has a
    BT line to report it as a fault. All they have to do is tell BT that they
    can reach the number by dialling 01297 30XXXX but not as 30XXXX. You might
    have to repeat the process for Onetel it all depends how they route calls.
    Start with BT.

    Liam

    Telephoneman, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "Telephoneman" <> wrote in message

    > "Herman" <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@bigfoot.com> wrote
    > in message news:n7VXi.9361$...
    >> It seems that one of the voip numbers I have does not receive calls from
    >> "local" numbers (BT/OneTel) without the dial code (01297 30xxxx). Is this
    >> a situation that can be fixed (preferably through my ITSP) or do I just
    >> need to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes
    >> seem to work just fine.
    >>

    > I had this about a year ago. get someone who is in your area and who has a
    > BT line to report it as a fault. All they have to do is tell BT that they
    > can reach the number by dialling 01297 30XXXX but not as 30XXXX. You might
    > have to repeat the process for Onetel it all depends how they route calls.
    > Start with BT.
    >
    > Liam

    Cheers - will try that.

    Herman, Nov 9, 2007