    on my local disc c drive there is a program named dialler, can anyone tell
    me if this is a virus
    cheers Derek

    Derek, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Derek

    philo Guest

    "Derek" <> wrote in message
    news:cvq751$ght$...
    > on my local disc c drive there is a program named dialler, can anyone tell
    > me if this is a virus
    > cheers Derek

    if it is misspelled exactly as you have it...
    it may just be an old version of trumpet-winsock...
    but it very well could be some kind up dial-up scam

    philo, Feb 26, 2005

  3. philo wrote:

    > "Derek" <> wrote in message
    >> on my local disc c drive there is a program named dialler, can anyone tell
    >> me if this is a virus
    >> cheers Derek

    > if it is misspelled exactly as you have it...
    > it may just be an old version of trumpet-winsock...

    Trumpet-winsock actually misspelled one of their filenames? Or was that
    intentional, to differentiate it from one that MS had spelled correctly?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Derek

    philo Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >
    > > "Derek" <> wrote in message
    > >> on my local disc c drive there is a program named dialler, can anyone

    tell
    > >> me if this is a virus
    > >> cheers Derek

    > > if it is misspelled exactly as you have it...
    > > it may just be an old version of trumpet-winsock...

    > Trumpet-winsock actually misspelled one of their filenames? Or was that
    > intentional, to differentiate it from one that MS had spelled correctly?

    I don't think they misspelled it on purpose...
    but I know that in NT3.1 or Win3x when I've used trumpet-winsock...
    that to bring up the dialer, they had it spelled as "dialler".

    philo, Feb 26, 2005