dialin and dialout at the same time

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jmiklo, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. jmiklo

    jmiklo Guest

    Hi,
    right now I have router configured with E1 PRI only for dialin. There are
    many users, all configured on radius server.
    But now I need to backup primary WAN link so I need to do dialout at the
    same E1 link.
    As soon as I create another dialer there is a problem of bounding isdn
    interface to a proper dialer interface.
    Creating dialer profile for each dialin user is not good, since there is so
    many dialin users defined on radius server. Users receive dynamic ip address
    from couple of pools.
    If I would use rotary dialers, I am not sure how would I define dialer maps
    since ip addresses are dynamic. In fact I don't need dialer map since it is
    used only for dialin for ppp users.
    The only dialer map that should be created is for doing dialout to Internet
    (for backing up primary internet link).
    But I don't know remote name of ISP access server because there is so many
    of them and also I am not allowed to authenticate ISP.
    So how should I create dialer map.

    I have seen couple of configs on CCO for doing dialin&dialot but for some
    static locations where I know remote ip addresses and names of locations
    that connect to me or I connect to them. I didn't see any configs for my
    situation.

    Anyone can help ?
    jmiklo, Dec 6, 2004

  2. jmiklo