Dialer with 2 different dialer strings, second channel fails

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Arjan, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Arjan

    Arjan Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm puzzled: I've got a DSL cpe with ISDN backup that dials with two
    channels in to number X via a dialer watch-list that monitors a certain
    route. This works fine.

    I want to add a second number Y on the same dialer, such that the dialer
    chooses the second number when the first one failes, for whatever reason.
    This also seems to work, but only for the first channel. A debug isdn q931
    shows me that the first channel is attempted to X. After one failure (No
    circuit/channel available) it tries number Y and succeeds. After the first
    channel is up it tries to raise the second channel on number X again.
    Obviously this failes (i've taken X out of service for this test) but the
    router keeps trying to open a channel on X time after time after time,
    even though it's receiving the same "No circuit/channel available" as on
    the first attempt with the first channel.

    What's wrong here? It's a 1720 with 12.2(15)T8.

    --
    SSDD : http://www.vanderoest.net

    Arjan, Apr 2, 2004