dialer watch problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Drx, Mar 17, 2007.

  1. Drx

    Drx Guest

    am usimg FR links and ISDN as backup using dialer watches. What I've
    noticed that if router is rebooted and primary link is down, ISDN is never
    dialed. Like there is a problem with initial state of watched route. Is
    this possible?

    Thanks!

    !
    !
    interface BRI0/0/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache cef
    no ip route-cache
    no ip mroute-cache
    load-interval 30
    dialer pool-member 1
    isdn switch-type basic-net3
    isdn point-to-point-setup
    no keepalive
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    !
    interface Dialer0
    ip address 172.31.58.6 255.255.255.252
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip route-cache cef
    no ip route-cache
    ip tcp header-compression iphc-format
    no ip mroute-cache
    delay 50000
    dialer pool 1
    dialer remote-name xxxxxxxx
    dialer order last-successful
    dialer idle-timeout 30
    dialer wait-for-line-protocol 15
    dialer string 111111111
    dialer string 222222222
    dialer load-threshold 1 either
    dialer watch-group 5
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink fragment delay 10
    ppp multilink interleave
    max-reserved-bandwidth 95
    service-policy output POSL_OUT
    ip rtp header-compression iphc-format
    !
    !

    dialer watch-list 5 ip 172.30.30.0 255.255.255.252
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip deny
    !
    !
    !

    Drx, Mar 17, 2007

  2. On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:58:49 +0100, Drx wrote:

    > am usimg FR links and ISDN as backup using dialer watches. What I've
    > noticed that if router is rebooted and primary link is down, ISDN is never
    > dialed. Like there is a problem with initial state of watched route. Is
    > this possible?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Sounds familiar. The route had to be up before it could go down and
    trigger the dialer watch. Might even have been a change in IOS to make it
    work differently. Can't remember right now.

    --
    Rgds,
    Martin

    Martin Gallagher, Mar 19, 2007

  3. Drx

    Drx Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:51:21 +1100, Martin Gallagher wrote:

    > On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:58:49 +0100, Drx wrote:
    >
    >> am usimg FR links and ISDN as backup using dialer watches. What I've
    >> noticed that if router is rebooted and primary link is down, ISDN is never
    >> dialed. Like there is a problem with initial state of watched route. Is
    >> this possible?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > Sounds familiar. The route had to be up before it could go down and
    > trigger the dialer watch. Might even have been a change in IOS to make it
    > work differently. Can't remember right now.

    dialer watch-list 5 delay route-check initial 5

    Drx, Mar 19, 2007