    looked as much as I am able to find what this could be that is causing
    the problem but I don't even know what I am looking for. Can anyone
    help?
    Randy K, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Randy K

    Mike Guest

    Randy K wrote:
    > I have a problem with my dialer. Some Xrated website had some kind of
    > program in their download that attached itself to my dialer and now it
    > will only dial some 900 number and I can't change it. WHen I manually
    > put the correct number in it tells me that the username and domain has
    > a problem and then it keeps defaulting to this 900 number. I have
    > looked as much as I am able to find what this could be that is causing
    > the problem but I don't even know what I am looking for. Can anyone
    > help?

    Open a command prompt and type format c:
    Mike, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Mike wrote:

    > Randy K wrote:
    >> I have a problem with my dialer. Some Xrated website had some kind of
    >> program in their download that attached itself to my dialer and now it
    >> will only dial some 900 number and I can't change it. WHen I manually
    >> put the correct number in it tells me that the username and domain has
    >> a problem and then it keeps defaulting to this 900 number. I have
    >> looked as much as I am able to find what this could be that is causing
    >> the problem but I don't even know what I am looking for. Can anyone
    >> help?

    > Open a command prompt and type format c:

    I personally would first call your phone company, quite honestly. To see if
    there are all sorts of ridiculous charges on your account. One of my
    friend's works in security at MCI and there are people who scam internet
    users with similar techniques.

    Update and run your virus software. Sometimes, (from what I've seen some
    anti-virus vendors will add support for well known exploits ie.. adding
    certain hijacking programs in to their virus data-base.

    Search the site and the phone number on Google chances are someone else has
    run into the same problem and posted somewhere about it.

    Then I would check the C:\ to see if there are any strange unfamiliar files
    in there, and if there are try to delete them and then reboot your
    computer.

    Adaware and Spybot also might be able to help. You can download both
    programs for free.
    Mr. Wonderful, Aug 23, 2004