    when clicking on the internet browser but now I have to open the dialer thru
    the start list and then open Explorer - I don't know what happened that
    changed!
    John, Sep 3, 2005

  2. John

    Keme Guest

    John wrote:
    > how do you configure the WinXP dialer to automatically open when using
    > Explorer, Outlook, , etc. ? It used to open automatically and dial the ISP
    > when clicking on the internet browser but now I have to open the dialer thru
    > the start list and then open Explorer - I don't know what happened that
    > changed!

    My best advice: Keep the manual dialup. Not much of a hassle, is it?
    That way you're more likely to spot any modem hijacks, which you are
    somewhat exposed to when using MSIE. (Make a shortcut on the quickstart
    bar or desktop for even less hassle.)

    Your requested information: For autodial, go to internet options
    ("Tools" menu in MSIE), and select Connections. Then use "Dial always".
    Keme, Sep 3, 2005

  3. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    John wrote:
    > how do you configure the WinXP dialer to automatically open when using
    > Explorer, Outlook, , etc. ? It used to open automatically and dial
    > the ISP when clicking on the internet browser but now I have to open
    > the dialer thru the start list and then open Explorer - I don't know
    > what happened that changed!

    I'd suggest you leave it the way it is - your computer is much more secure
    this way. That automatic dialing thing is how E.T. phones home. (errr...how
    trojan dialers steal use of your PC.) Make a shortcut to your desktop so you
    don't have to "dig" for the dialup each time.

    But that's just *my* opinion...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 3, 2005