    that calls itself callinghome.biz. I checked google but am not
    satisfied with what I found. Anyone else seen it?
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004

  2. joevan

    A String Guest

    This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls from your
    computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!

    A String, Aug 20, 2004

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    <> wrote:

    > This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls from your
    >computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    >
    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone else seen this file? ahndka.exe
    >>
    >> It is a dialer and if you check the properties there is a company
    >> that calls itself callinghome.biz. I checked google but am not
    >> satisfied with what I found. Anyone else seen it?
    >> joevan

    It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    found out what it was.
    What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004
  4. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls
    >> from your computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    >>
    >> "joevan" <> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone else seen this file? ahndka.exe
    >>>
    >>> It is a dialer and if you check the properties there is a company
    >>> that calls itself callinghome.biz. I checked google but am not
    >>> satisfied with what I found. Anyone else seen it?
    >>> joevan

    > It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    > hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    > I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    > found out what it was.
    > What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    > modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    > be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    > joevan

    Check the properties of the file. There is a dialer.exe on my XP system
    that is part of the Microsoft TAPI application, version 5.1.2600.0, 510
    KB.
    ICee, Aug 20, 2004
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:51:24 -0400, "ICee" <>
    wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls
    >>> from your computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    >>>
    >>> "joevan" <> wrote in message

    >> It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    >> hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    >> I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    >> found out what it was.
    >> What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    >> modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    >> be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    >> joevan

    >Check the properties of the file. There is a dialer.exe on my XP system
    >that is part of the Microsoft TAPI application, version 5.1.2600.0, 510
    >KB.

    I did check the properties, I even checked out the page at
    www.callinghome.biz and all that was there was a bunch of hype IMHO
    and a link to contact someone. ??????????
    See what I mean, if it is something that should be in windows I sure
    would be surprized.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004
  6. joevan

    10_4 Guest

    It comes from porno sites!

    10_4, Aug 20, 2004
  7. joevan

    Pennywise Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:13:43 -0400, "10_4" <> wrote:

    |>It comes from porno sites!

    And a 13yr old at home..strange..

    Me thinks the OP should start looking into using a host file.
    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Pennywise, Aug 20, 2004
  8. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:51:24 -0400, "ICee" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> joevan wrote:

    >>> It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    >>> hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    >>> I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    >>> found out what it was.
    >>> What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    >>> modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    >>> be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    >>> joevan

    >> Check the properties of the file. There is a dialer.exe on my XP
    >> system that is part of the Microsoft TAPI application, version
    >> 5.1.2600.0, 510 KB.
    >>

    > I did check the properties, I even checked out the page at
    > www.callinghome.biz and all that was there was a bunch of hype IMHO
    > and a link to contact someone. ??????????
    > See what I mean, if it is something that should be in windows I sure
    > would be surprized.
    > joevan

    If it's not the one above, then it is something that shouldn't be there.
    ICee, Aug 20, 2004
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:46:29 -0700, Pennywise <>
    wrote:

    >Me thinks the OP should start looking into using a host file.
    >http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Yes I have that installed.

    This must have gotten on board when I was just setting up my new
    pooter. At least I caught the b***ards before they could shove it in.
    I have a big shaft ready for whoever causes such crap.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004
  10. joevan

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Aug 20, 2004
  11. joevan

    tgilb Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    | On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    | <> wrote:
    |
    | > This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls from
    your
    | >computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    | >
    | >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    | >> Has anyone else seen this file? ahndka.exe
    | >>
    | >> It is a dialer and if you check the properties there is a company
    | >> that calls itself callinghome.biz. I checked google but am not
    | >> satisfied with what I found. Anyone else seen it?
    | >> joevan
    | >
    | It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    | hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    | I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    | found out what it was.
    | What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    | modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    | be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    | joevan

    It's actually kind of a moot point if you have no dial up modem. Kind of
    like worrying about a comb if you're bald.
    tgilb, Aug 20, 2004
  12. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:14:36 GMT, "tgilb" <> wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >| On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    >| <> wrote:
    >|
    >| > This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls from
    >your
    >| >computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    >| >
    >| >"joevan" <> wrote in message

    >| It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    >| hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    >| I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    >| found out what it was.
    >| What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    >| modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    >| be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    >| joevan
    >
    >It's actually kind of a moot point if you have no dial up modem. Kind of
    >like worrying about a comb if you're bald.

    Good analogy, and I also have a firewall and nothing goes out without
    my ok.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004
  13. joevan

    EricP Guest

    EricP, Aug 21, 2004
  14. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:27:48 GMT, EricP <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:23:53 GMT, joevan <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone else seen this file? ahndka.exe
    >>
    >>It is a dialer and if you check the properties there is a company
    >>that calls itself callinghome.biz. I checked google but am not
    >>satisfied with what I found. Anyone else seen it?
    >>joevan

    >http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.AE&VSect=T

    Thanks for that link. I had a feeling it was not good. Those creeps,
    even have the nerve to ask that you contact them so I gave them the
    bird and all crap info.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 21, 2004
  15. joevan

    10_4 Guest

    "tgilb" <> wrote in message

    > "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > | On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0400, "A String"
    > | <> wrote:
    > |
    > | > This file is a "Dialer". It can be used to make "Charged" calls from
    > your
    > | >computer. Get "Spybot" and remove it at once!
    > | >
    > | >"joevan" <> wrote in message

    > | It has been removed to a file where it can do no harm. But where the
    > | hell do these things come from. Maybe my soon to be 14 yr. old.?
    > | I saw it in the task manager one day and got curious so checked and
    > | found out what it was.
    > | What the hell do these people think, I mean I don't have a dialup
    > | modem on this machine, just the dsl modem. When I put one one I will
    > | be extra wary of such creepy thangs.
    > | joevan
    >
    > It's actually kind of a moot point if you have no dial up modem. Kind of
    > like worrying about a comb if you're bald.

    Not true! These SOBs have figured that out already and allow direct
    connections while charging it to your phone.

    Firewalls and Parental controls are two things you can do. Got more ideas
    but not sure what you have on your end. I had three PCs networked via
    router. Got a huge phone bill one month with charges from Denmark. Went
    straight to the son's PC (14 at the time) and there was the DIALER.exe. It
    was on the Start Menu, Desktop, Quick Start, and three other places. Like
    to have never got that crap off. Had a good conversation with the son and
    the two weekend sons that would stay in his bedroom all weekend. Now I know
    why! Basically good kids but intrigued by such as we all are at that age.
    Pulled the modem from his PC and later found the DIALER again. Looked into
    it to find your could charge it to your phone and connect directly. Took
    all Internet privileges from son's PC for four weeks and never had that
    problem again. Of course the weekend son's stayed away for that period.
    All were guilty but three teenage boys together! Well, you get where I am
    coming from.
    10_4, Aug 21, 2004