    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 1, 2006

  2. John DH

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:22:24 -0000, "John DH" <> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I have been trying to set up my spa2002 to dial a different provider in the
    >dial plan. Line 1 is set to sipgate, but I want to dial out using my
    >voipcheap account using the dial plan.
    >
    >Here is what I have come with so far but it does not work.
    >
    >(<:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">xx.)

    1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
    route via voipcheap or whethr you want to dial into voipcheap.
    e.g.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 1, 2006

  3. John DH

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:22:24 -0000, "John DH" <> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I have been trying to set up my spa2002 to dial a different provider in the
    >dial plan. Line 1 is set to sipgate, but I want to dial out using my
    >voipcheap account using the dial plan.
    >
    >Here is what I have come with so far but it does not work.
    >
    >(<:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">xx.)

    1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
    route via voipcheap or whether you want to dial into voipcheap.
    e.g. <#03,:> will allow you to dial #03 to access voipcheap then dial
    your number.
    or, alternatively, for example,
    <0:0044> all numbers starting with a single zero will dial into the
    UK.

    2. Then get the structure right.
    eg.
    <0:0044> xx. <gateway details>
    where gateway details can be
    <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">
    or might be <:mad:gw2>

    so that we get:
    <0:0044> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">

    or, perhaps,

    <#03,:> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">

    Hope this helps!

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 1, 2006
  4. John DH

    John DH Guest

    > 1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
    > route via voipcheap or whether you want to dial into voipcheap.
    > e.g. <#03,:> will allow you to dial #03 to access voipcheap then dial
    > your number.
    > or, alternatively, for example,
    > <0:0044> all numbers starting with a single zero will dial into the
    > UK.
    >
    > 2. Then get the structure right.
    > eg.
    > <0:0044> xx. <gateway details>
    > where gateway details can be
    > <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">
    > or might be <:mad:gw2>
    >
    > so that we get:
    > <0:0044> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">
    >
    > or, perhaps,
    >
    > <#03,:> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">

    Thanks Brian,

    No luck so far. I am just trying to get the ata to make an outbound call
    first before I craft the dial plan into something more friendly. I am
    beginning to wonder if the spa2002 supports the "@" in its dial plan. From
    other resources it is supposed to work, but all I am getting is an
    unobtainable tone.

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 1, 2006
  5. John DH

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:32:31 -0000, "John DH" <> wrote:

    >> 1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
    >> route via voipcheap or whether you want to dial into voipcheap.
    >> e.g. <#03,:> will allow you to dial #03 to access voipcheap then dial
    >> your number.
    >> or, alternatively, for example,
    >> <0:0044> all numbers starting with a single zero will dial into the
    >> UK.
    >>
    >> 2. Then get the structure right.
    >> eg.
    >> <0:0044> xx. <gateway details>
    >> where gateway details can be
    >> <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">
    >> or might be <:mad:gw2>
    >>
    >> so that we get:
    >> <0:0044> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">
    >>
    >> or, perhaps,
    >>
    >> <#03,:> xx. <:mad:sip.voipstunt.com;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat="yes">

    >Thanks Brian,
    >
    >No luck so far. I am just trying to get the ata to make an outbound call
    >first before I craft the dial plan into something more friendly. I am
    >beginning to wonder if the spa2002 supports the "@" in its dial plan. From
    >other resources it is supposed to work, but all I am getting is an
    >unobtainable tone.

    I don't know about the 2002 but the 3000 certainly does. There is a
    setting which enables IP dialling.
    While you are getting your ATA to work it is best to have the very
    simplest of dial plans. Something like (xx.). Then store your test
    number in your phone's memory.
    Some providers require the full international code to be dialled so
    beware of that.
    It is worth downloading the 'Sipura Guide' from the web site and also
    check out voxilla.com as well as Google groups.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 1, 2006
  6. John DH

    John DH Guest

    > I don't know about the 2002 but the 3000 certainly does. There is a
    > setting which enables IP dialling.

    The spa2002 has the same setting, I need to find out if my ata will accept
    the "@" or needs 0.0.0.0 format. I know it wont support @gw like the
    spa3000.

    > While you are getting your ATA to work it is best to have the very
    > simplest of dial plans. Something like (xx.). Then store your test
    > number in your phone's memory.
    > Some providers require the full international code to be dialled so
    > beware of that.
    > It is worth downloading the 'Sipura Guide' from the web site and also
    > check out voxilla.com as well as Google groups.

    Thanks for those useful pointers. I had looked at them prior to posting, but
    I do need to check the Google groups. I might also be suffering from 'Timber
    Blindness' i.e. can't see wood for the trees.

    When all said and done, the ATA is two weeks old and has already earned it's
    keep. I put it in the office today to replace a BT line, no one noticed any
    change. That's what I call progress :)

    Cheers

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 1, 2006