    Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
    four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
    this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT
    RJTEMT56, May 26, 2004

  2. RJTEMT56

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim, May 26, 2004

  3. "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message

    > "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message
    > > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get

    into
    > > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three

    or
    > > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
    > > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT
    > >

    > Yep.
    >
    > Read this:

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

    Surely, even an "imbecile" would understand that the OP is asking for a
    solution to a problem here!
    Instead, some little prick like you jumps in and has to try to correct them.
    If you can't answer the question, then why bother replying?
    Charlie.
    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq, May 26, 2004
  4. RJTEMT56

    Ian Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    || "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message
    ||| When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to
    ||| get into Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I
    ||| cancel it three or four times. It is continually coming up
    ||| sporadically and has never done this before. Has anyone had this
    ||| problem? RJT&EMT
    || Yep.
    || Read this:
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

    In other words you don't have a clue how to help him / her.
    Ian, May 26, 2004
  5. RJTEMT56

    anon Guest

    You might want to check yr dial up connections, in case one has been added.
    Also download and run Adaware and Spybot - google for url - update before
    running. To remove spyware

    anon, May 26, 2004
  6. RJTEMT56

    Brian Guest

    "RJTEMT56" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
    > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
    > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
    > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

    Obviously some kind of prog (MS Word maybe) is trying to send info to a
    third party...
    good idea get some anti spy ware on your PC (may also be a dialer) and that
    should get rid of it.

    Brian
    Brian, May 26, 2004
  7. RJTEMT56

    boywonder Guest

    In news:,
    RJTEMT56 <> typed:
    > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get
    > into Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel
    > it three or four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and
    > has never done this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

    When I had that problem, I simply went to IE/Tools/Options/Connections/check
    "never dial a connection". Internet Options is also found in the control
    panel. It controls the dialing behavior of several programs including IE and
    OE probably Office apps.

    Tommy
    tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom
    www.hal-pc.org/~toner27
    boywonder, May 26, 2004
  8. RJTEMT56

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message
    > > > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get

    > into
    > > > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it

    three
    > or
    > > > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never

    done
    > > > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT
    > > >

    > > Yep.
    > >
    > > Read this:

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

    > Surely, even an "imbecile" would understand that the OP is asking for a
    > solution to a problem here!
    > Instead, some little prick like you jumps in and has to try to correct

    them.
    > If you can't answer the question, then why bother replying?
    > Charlie.

    Why rip on me when you don't seem to have an answer either?
    Toolman Tim, May 27, 2004
  9. RJTEMT56

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ian" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    > || "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message
    > || Yep.
    > || Read this:

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

    > In other words you don't have a clue how to help him / her.

    Actually, I do. But you didn't seem to bother helping either.
    Toolman Tim, May 27, 2004
  10. RJTEMT56

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message
    > When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
    > Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
    > four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
    > this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

    Spyware/Adware
    ============
    Open the Internet Options applet in Control Panel
    Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" on the Advanced tab.
    You may also have to set the Home Page to about :blank

    Then eliminate any scumware. See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:

    If still having problems. then post your HijackThis log

    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.
    Toolman Tim, May 27, 2004
  11. Once upon a time, OK, it really happened on Wed, 26 May 2004 17:42:47
    -0700, "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> claimed the
    following truncated trash was the absolute, fucking truth:

    >"Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "RJTEMT56" <> wrote in message

    >> into

    >three
    >> or

    >done
    >> > >

    >> > Yep.
    >> >
    >> > Read this:
    >> >

    >http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html
    >> >

    >> Surely, even an "imbecile" would understand that the OP is asking for a
    >> solution to a problem here!
    >> Instead, some little prick like you jumps in and has to try to correct

    >them.
    >> If you can't answer the question, then why bother replying?
    >> Charlie.
    >>

    >Why rip on me when you don't seem to have an answer either?

    Didn't you know that's the Usenet way? You need to bitch, moan, flame
    and be generally beligerant when posting to the newsgroups.

    Dr Harvie Whal-Banghor

    ---

    Zittmutter offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <>
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, May 27, 2004
  12. RJTEMT56

    Ava Keech Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 23:22:20 -0400, "RJTEMT56" <> wrote:

    >When I turn on my computer, the dial-up box is up; when I try to get into
    >Microsoft Word, the dial-up box keeps coming up until I cancel it three or
    >four times. It is continually coming up sporadically and has never done
    >this before. Has anyone had this problem? RJT&EMT

    Something on your computer is wanting to connect to the internet. Look in the
    system tray for the culprit. If you don't find it there check for spyware.
    Ava Keech, May 28, 2004
  13. RJTEMT56

    max Guest

    Go into control panel >> then internet options >> then connections >> then
    click 'never dial a internet connection. Click apply and restart the
    computer.

    max, May 29, 2004
  14. RJTEMT56

    Toolman Tim Guest

    And how is *that* going to help, since the OP uses DIAL-UP to get to the
    Internet?

    "max" <> wrote in message
    > Go into control panel >> then internet options >> then connections >> then
    > click 'never dial a internet connection. Click apply and restart the
    > computer.
    >

    > "Ava Keech" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 25 May 2004 23:22:20 -0400, "RJTEMT56"

    <>

    Toolman Tim, May 29, 2004