    day...
    Thanks for your time
    Mick

    Mick, May 22, 2004

  2. Mick

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:49:59 +0100, "Mick" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a 3Com 56K V.90 Mini PCI Modem which works fine apart from an
    >extremely slow 2-4Kbps speed.
    >Any help gratefully accepted so that I can download even small files in 1
    >day...
    >Thanks for your time
    >Mick

    Oomph, you can type that fast.....

    DSL or Cable available in your area??

    Unk, May 22, 2004

  3. Mick

    Mick Guest

    I have to stay with a BT landline as I am staying at a girlfriends place at
    the moment.

    Mick, May 22, 2004
  4. Mick

    Mellowed Guest

    I don't know if there is any hope in your situation. However, I also
    had very slow speeds with a 3Com V.90 modem. I tried the Data Products
    56FW92-D V.92 V.44 and my connection speeds went up from 28Kbps to
    42Kbps. And, the modem only costs $30 ($45 list) here (Circuit City) in
    the US. I'm in the mountains with lousy phone lines.

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    : I have a 3Com 56K V.90 Mini PCI Modem which works fine apart from an
    : extremely slow 2-4Kbps speed.
    : Any help gratefully accepted so that I can download even small files
    in 1
    : day...
    : Thanks for your time
    : Mick
    :
    :

    Mellowed, May 22, 2004
  5. Mick wrote:

    > I have to stay with a BT landline as I am staying at a girlfriends place at
    > the moment.
    > "Unk" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:49:59 +0100, "Mick" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have a 3Com 56K V.90 Mini PCI Modem which works fine apart from an
    >>>extremely slow 2-4Kbps speed.
    >>>Any help gratefully accepted so that I can download even small files in 1
    >>>day...
    >>>Thanks for your time
    >>>Mick
    >>>

    >>Oomph, you can type that fast.....
    >>
    >>DSL or Cable available in your area??

    So - ADSL would be OK then? It works on a land-line...
    http://www.bt.com/broadband/

    None of the Above, May 22, 2004
  6. Mick

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > I have a 3Com 56K V.90 Mini PCI Modem which works fine apart from an
    > extremely slow 2-4Kbps speed.
    > Any help gratefully accepted so that I can download even small files in 1
    > day...
    > Thanks for your time
    > Mick

    upgrade to v92 (check if your ISP supports it first)

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 22, 2004